Physicist Blows Whistle on Microwave Weaponry — Exposes Assaults on Populations Everywhere | They are irreparably damaging the very fabric of life | Humanity At The Brink: WiFi Report Reveals The Alarming Facts | Generation X’d Out: An end to the human race as we’ve known it?
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
(Before It’s News)
THE MILLENNIUM REPORT
“We Are Destroying The Planet”— Barrie Trower
“We are irreparably damaging the very fabric of life” — State of the Nation
SOTN Editor’s Note:
The age of wireless technology, ubiquitous microwave transmissions and countless cellphone towers have transformed the planet in profound and fundamental ways. Especially where it concerns human health and environmental integrity, the effects of these various frequency assaults have been nothing short of catastrophic.
If the people of the world truly understood the deleterious effects of these unseen and unfelt frequencies, they would have abandoned their cell phones and bluetooths decades ago. It has been proven beyond any doubt by the best science available that certain types of electromagnetic radiation can have highly damaging effects on the human body. Likewise, when animals and plants are exposed to these fields of harmful EMR, they too suffer great consequences.
Cell Phones & Smartphones: AVOID The EMR Output!
The use of low-level microwave transmissions by various governmental entities is a relatively new phenomenon; however, already the destruction to life and alteration of the DNA has been unequivocally determined. It can be stated with absolute certainty that the longer one is exposed directly to low-level microwaves, the more injury that will be caused to the physical organism.
Microwave Ovens: Remove Them From Your Kitchens … NOW!
Much of that injury occurs under the radar, no pun intended. The symptoms are almost always subclinical and seem to produce no obvious set of manifestations in the human body. Because the micro-damage is inflicted at the cellular level, particularly to the mitochondrial DNA, it invariably goes undetected for many years. Then, all of a sudden, a serious illness or fatal disease emerges out of nowhere. Hence, the correlation is virtually never made between the exposure to the pernicious frequencies and the disease process.
Barrie Trower’s Warning
The following video contains some of most important information and data about this ever-worsening stray-frequency predicament. For those who are continually immersed in this Age of Wireless Technology, this presentation will serve as a HUGE wakeup call. The ramifications are so profound and repercussions so pervasive that societies everywhere will be forced to come to grips with it, sooner or later.
What you are about to read is the distillation of the hidden truths uttered by British physicist Barrie Trower, a microwave weapons expert who also worked for the Royal Navy and the British Secret Service. The alarming facts associated with microwave technology, which were addressed in the preceding video, have been transcribed below for those who have not had the opportunity to watch the video.
Official legal briefs which have been formally submitted to the courts tend to have a higher degree of authority, particularly when scientific research is included. Otherwise, the scientist can be accused of fraud, bad science, or worse—perjury. The following legal document titled “Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower“ states the case against microwaves quite emphatically and irrefutably. (note this declaration can be viewed with the link above or read at the bottom of this article)
At the end of the day the world will recognize the great service that Barrie Trower has performed in the education of humanity and edification of the scientific community. His impeccable research and courageous work have brought to light what is perhaps the greatest scourge of the age in an era that is replete with scourges of every sort and kind.
We — all of us — are forever in his debt. And our deepest gratitude is extended to him on behalf of the human race.
Now, what will we all do about it? The future of the human race
State of the Nation
June 28, 2016
*The aforementioned transcript starts below the following graphic.
Dr. Barrie Trower — We Are Destroying The Planet
– Open Mind Conference 2012 –
Wi-Fi in schools puts female youth at risk of birthing genetically deformed children, followed by a lifetime of worry, guilt, and absolute hell.
06:35 Imagine you are a 15 year old school girl. All of the 400,000 eggs in your ovaries were with you at birth. They are not fully developed but they are with you. They are 10 x more susceptible to radiation than all of the other DNA in the body, and scientists don’t realize that. They don’t read all of the papers as I do. So you have this highly susceptible genetic material, which is going to make your children, and you are irradiating it because Wi-Fi, they are transmitters, as well as the routers, as well as the ones either side of you, they are all transmitting at this height through your ovaries. So you are risking the DNA damage of your child every time you sit down and use Wi-Fi.
07:42 You have a child that could be born genetically damaged but the real problem comes when you become pregnant, if you are a teacher or mature student because the embryo inside your womb, in the first 100 days, all of those 400,000 eggs are forming in your embryo, your child’s ovaries. So your child could be born with genetically damaged eggs, and the main thing about the eggs in the ovaries of your child is that they have absolutely no protection, it hasn’t been developed yet. We have a natural protection against microwaves. It was developed since the Stone Age against thunder storms and massive amounts of radiation coming into our body. But in your embryo, your uterus, in the fetus where your child is developing for the first 100 days, in the ovaries the eggs do not have that protection so they are at maximum risk from radiation. For the first month or so you wouldn’t even know you were pregnant, you wouldn’t even be taking precautions. That is the main danger area.
09:30 So you give birth to a daughter but her ovaries are now contaminated. She may be normal, she may be genetically damaged. But her ovaries are at the most risk. So when your daughter grows up and she becomes pregnant, and has a baby, this is when one of these eggs will be fertilized and come out. So the real damage here is your grandchildren! That is where it is going to show most, and we already see this in animals that have reproductive cycles of 1, 2 or 3 years. We are already seeing this and it has been published by veterinary schools, and vets, and scientists so we know this happens. And it’s also been documented in the cold war, when women were deliberately micro waved. So we know it does happen. The documents are there!
10:28 WHAT YOU ARE RISKING BY PUTTING WI-FI INTO SCHOOLS, IS THE FUTURE GENERATIONS OF ALL OF THESE GIRLS!!!
10:51 And it gets worse because this particular DNA, the mitochondrial DNA inside you, you can trace unchanged to your mother, her mother, her mother, right the way back to the beginning of the human race in Africa, the Stone Age. You can trace your ancestors, if you could, right back to the very first lady; it is unchanged. And that is being unchanged in your children, which means if you damage it, your child could be genetically damaged, then her child, and her child, and her child … FOREVER!
YOU ARE CONDEMNING THE FUTURE GENERATIONS OF EVERY SINGLE CHILD, UNTIL THERE ARE NO MORE LINES left IN THE FEMALE IN YOUR FAMILY!
11:50 The major problem in the animal and plant kingdom, and the environment: When you look at the DNA inside our genes, the 4 bases of the DNA are exactly the same in every single living species; everyone. Any tree can read your DNA sequence. It won’t use 99.9% of it because it doesn’t need to. We can all read each other’s DNA. So if you are doing something which damages humans, it’s going to damage every single living plant, every single living animal, and we are now finding that the animals that are most susceptible to this, namely the pollinating insects because of their size and their vibrational frequency,we are now finding that countries that rely on pollinating insects are running short of food. We are finding that animals are becoming sick and this is researched by very reputable veterinary universities.
13:22 In short, we are destroying the entire planet because we are ruining the crops, we are ruining the animals, we are ruining the atmosphere, and I cannot think, looking back in history, of a single organization as the COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY that IS causing, and will cause, more destruction on this planet, and more suffering, and more death, than all of the world wars that have ever been added up.
The COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY is going to do more damage because it reaches every single country, and it TARGETS CHILDREN, and it TARGETS THE UNBORN!!!.
THE COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY is reaching everywhere on the planet, and if nobody stops it, it is going to destroy the planet.
Dr. Barrie Trower is a British physicist, former Microwave Weapons Expert for the Royal Navy, and former cold-war captured spy debriefer for the UK Intelligence Services. Dr. Trower is a conscionable whistle-blower who lectures around the world on the hidden dangers from microwave weapons and every-day microwave technologies such as mobile-phones and Wi-Fi. During the 1960’s, he was trained at the “Government Microwave Warfare Establishment”.
Dr. Trower repeatedly assisted the UK Police Federation in their struggle to protect police officers from Tetra/Air-Band radio-communications systems that are harmful to health.
Dr. Trower CV at http://geopathology-za.wikidot.com/barrie-trower
MUST VIEW: “We Are Destroying The Planet” — Barrie Trower | SOTN: Alternative News & Commentary
Shawn E. Abrell, WSB No. 41054, Pro Hac Vice
4614 SW Kelly Avenue, Suite 200, Portland, Oregon 97239 Tel.: 971.258.0333; Fax: 503.222.0693
Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs
Tyl W. Bakker, OSB No. 90200
621 SW Alder, Suite 621, Portland, Oregon 97205 Tel.: 503.244.4157; Fax: 503.220.1913
Local Counsel for Plaintiffs
United States District Court District of Oregon Portland Division
AHM, by and through
her Guardian ad litem and father, David Mark Morrison, and
David Mark Morrison, individually,
v. Portland Public Schools,
Civil Action No. 3:11-cv-00739-MO
Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower
I, Barrie Trower, under penalty of perjury pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1746, hereby make the following declaration in support of a preliminary and permanent injunction enjoining Portland Public Schools’ use of WI-FI:
Page 1 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower
1. I trained at the Government (Ministry of Defense) microwave warfare establishment(s) early in the 1960s covering all aspects of microwave (MW) radiation technology, uses and health dangers. Later works included underwater bomb-disposal, which incorporated MW technology.
2. In the late 1960’s and 1970’s a part of my task was to extract confidential (hitherto secret) information from master criminals, terrorists, and spies. This included Cold War MW technology.
3. My first degree is in Physics with a specialization in microwaves. My second degree is a research degree. I have a teaching diploma in human physiology. Before retiring, I taught advanced physics and mathematics at South Dartmoor College.
4. I am Scientific Advisor to the Radiation Research Trust and the H.E.S.E. (Human Ecological Social Economical) Project.
5. I am the author of both Tetra Reports for the Police Federation of England and Wales and the Public and Commercial Service Union.
6. In April 2010, I gave a speech for the King of Botswana. http://www.magdahavas.com/wor dpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Barrie_Trower_SA.pdf. I hereby adopt and incorporate by reference my opinions and findings therein.
7. My work is done entirely free of charge and I have never accepted money from any person or organization in the years I have been doing this research. I consider myself absolutely independent.
8. I reserve the right to amend to add new studies as they may become available through the time of trial.
9. To my knowledge, ‘microwave’ or ‘radiowave sickness’ was first reported in August 1932 with the symptoms of severe tiredness, fatigue, fitful sleep, headaches, intolerability and high susceptibility to infection. Hecht, K et al., Overloading of Towns and Cities with Radio
Page 2 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower
Transmitters (Cellular Transmitter): A hazard for the human health and a disturbance of ecoethics, International Research Centre of Healthy Ecological Technology (IRCHET), Berlin-Germany, at l ¶ 3 (2007). These symptoms were reported to be from athermal (which are sometimes also called subthermal or microthermal) effects.
10. By 1971, the US Naval Medical Research Institute (NMRI) referenced 2300 research articles listing in excess of 120 impairments and illnesses attributed to radiofrequency and microwave radiation. Biography of Reported Biological Phenomena (Effect) and Clinical Manifestations Attributed to Microwave and Radio-Frequency Radiation, Research Report. MF12.524.015-0004B, Report No. 2. NMRI, National Naval Medical Centre (1971). Under the Freedom of Information Act, extracts from published US Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) Documents confirmed the NMRI research and stated: ‘If the more advanced nations of the West are strict in enforcement of stringent exposure standards, there could be unfavourable effects on industrial output and military functions,’ in order to protect industrial profit and military function, and to avoid litigation from military employees. It was suggested that governments in the West chose a safety level compatible to industrial output and military function. The governments that adopted the thermal level only denied and still to this day deny any adverse effect from subthermal levels. DIA Documents: DST – 1810S – 076-76, ST-c5-01-169-72, DST-18105-074- 76 (1972-1983).
11. In 1975, after an extensive study, the United States DIA warned all of its personnel of the risk from low-level microwaves including illnesses ranging from microwave sickness (flu like symptoms, depression, suicidal tendencies) to cancers and leukaemia. Biological effects of electromagnetic radiation (radiowaves and microwaves) – EurasianCommunist Countries, Defence Intelligence Agency: DST-1810S-074-76, March (1976).
Page 3 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower
12. During the Cold War, the Russian Embassy microwaved the United States Embassy in Moscow with low-level microwaves for many years from across the road; why and how is outside the scope of this Declaration. After changes of staff for serious neurologic impairments, miscarriages, multiple cancers / leukaemias and other illnesses to both male and female employees and their children, the late John R. Goldsmith, M.D., was invited to investigate this matter. His investigative report on this incident showed that continuous, long-term low-level microwaves were responsible for those illnesses. Goldsmith, J. R., Radiofrequency Epidemiology, Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol 105, at 1585, Supp 6, Table 8, Dec (1997). Dr. Goldsmith held 11 Professorships and was the World Health Organization (WHO) representative for Europe. Interestingly, the power of the microwaves used by the Russians in some cases was less that the power used by modern-day transmitters, with the average ranging <0.02 – 0.05 μW/cm2and the maximum ranging 5 – 18 μW/cm2. Goldsworthy JR. Epidemiological evidence of radiofrequency radiation (microwave) effects on health in military, broadcasting, and occupational studies, Intl J Occ and Env Health, 1:47-57, 1995. http://www.radiationresearch.org/goldsworthy_bio_weak_em_07.pdf. Dr. Goldsmith’s warning on health and fertility: http://omega.twoday.net/stories/1755556/. 13. Debriefing spies during The Cold War extended my military education into the full diversity of stealth microwave warfare and communication systems. In so doing, I learned a list of approximately 30 pulse frequencies that could induce some 50 physical and mental ailments by entrainment. 14.As soon as ordinary MW transmitters became commonplace, residents started to complain of neurologic impairments, illnesses and later of cancer clusters. Independent researcher Sue Webster took data from just 19 transmitters and found approx 92 cancers (breast, thyroid, bowel, leukaemia), where the average age of those affected was roughly only 39. Health Page 4 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower Dangers from Wireless Laptops, Sue Webster was quoted in Canceractive’s ICON magazine in January 2003 article, http://www.canceractive.com/s hop/product.php?productid=16157&cat=255&page=1. 15. Microwave sickness was well documented by 1997, when over 100 further research documents pertaining to it were referenced. Grant, L., Microwave Sickness, Electrical Sensitivity News, Vol I No 6, Vol 2 Nos 1-4 (1997). 16. Portland Public Schools are transmitting electromagnetic, specifically MW, frequencies at low exposure levels compared to thermal levels. However, these exposure levels are very high compared to natural background levels at the frequencies deployed: 2.45 GHz and 5 GHz frequency, which means between 2.45 and 5 billion cycles per second. When I realized that power densities and frequencies similar to those used as weapons during the Cold War were being used as WI-FI in schools, I decided to come out of retirement and travel around the world free of charge and explain exactly what the problem is going to be in the future. 17. HAARP – High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program – was originally researched by Sister Dr. Rosalie Bertell, who investigated its electromagnetic interference to our atmosphere. HAARP reflects electromagnetic waves off the ionosphere and can influence any part of the air or land on this Planet. This has the potential to cause physiologic and neurologic effects on humans, animals and plants. 18. The paradox of course is how microwave radiation can be used as a weapon to cause impairment, illness and death and at the same time be used as a communications instrument. Therefore, WI-FI cannot be safe for the schoolchildren and teachers exposed to it. Also, there still exists an ongoing stealth microwave warfare industry, continuing from the 1950’s. Page 5 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower Technology 19. The International Commission for Non-Ionizing Radiation (ICNIRP) classifies microwaves as electromagnetic waves from 300 MHz to 300 GHz. ICNIRP Guidelines, Guidelines for Limiting Exposure to Time-Varying Electric, Magnetic, and Electromagnetic Fields (Up to 300 GHz), Health Physics April 1998, Vol 74, No 4, 522, http://www.icnirp.de/documents/emfgdl.pdf. Therefore, everything discussed in this report is in the microwave ‘band.’ 20. Microwaves react very differently in our water-based bodies than do radio waves. The term ‘Radio Frequency’ is often used to describe MW-based communications systems. It is important that the term ‘Radio Frequency’ is not associated solely with Radio Waves, but rather primarily with Microwaves. Microwaves are the preferred medium for communication, over radiowaves, due to their superior penetrative properties. Penetration occurs in living tissues in particular, with more absorption due to water content; and microwaves will also penetrate most dwellings and other buildings. 21. What is all this really about? Imagine the field around a magnet and imagine ordinary everyday static electricity. If you put the force field from the magnet with the force field from the static electricity, you make a wave. This is called an electromagnetic wave. There are lots of different types of electromagnetic waves, but they are all made of the same two things, magnetic and static fields. The main difference between these waves is their wavelength or the length of the wave, hence the number of waves that can be produced per second, i.e. the frequency. All electromagnetic waves are included in a table called the electromagnetic spectrum. 22. At one end of this electromagnetic spectrum you have the very shortest lengths, namely cosmic, gamma rays and x-rays, and at the other end of the spectrum you have the very long ways, namely TV and radio. Physicists sometimes take the radiofrequency spectrum further yet, all the way to extreme low frequency (ELF), such as the electrical power frequency. All Page 6 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower waves have the same basic properties: they can be reflected, diffracted, and they all travel at the same speed, which is the speed of light. For interest, if you were one wave of light you would be able to travel around the world nearly seven times every second; that is the speed of light. The electromagnetic spectrum is ordered; starting with the shortest wave end you have cosmic and gamma rays, x-rays, ultra-violet, visible light, infra-red, microwaves, TV and radio being the longest, in that order. The ultra-violet and higher frequencies are known as ionizing waves; and they are damaging to the body. Longer than ultraviolet and visible light is the radiofrequency side of the spectrum, which is also damaging. The microwaves deployed for the WI-FI system are on this radiofrequency side of the electromagnetic spectrum. I will be discussing microwaves and health herein. Adverse Health Effects 23. There is a plethora of extensive, well-researched documents from around the world highlighting impairments and illnesses caused by MW radiation. These papers (in their thousands) discuss adverse health outcomes caused by low-level (below thermal) microwaves as: arrhythmia, heart attack, cell death, diseases of the blood, interference to bone marrow, brain tumours, DNA damage, altered calcium level in cells, reduction in night-time melatonin, suppression of the immune system, arthritis, rheumatism, skin problems, lymphatic diseases, vaginal discharge, vascular system disease, tinnitus, leukaemia, childhood cancer, sleep problems, mental problems involving depression, irritability, memory loss, difficulty in concentrating, headache, dizziness and fatigue, suicidal tendencies, miscarriage and infertility. 24. Some have asserted that such symptoms and illnesses are psychogenic. For example, when a neighbourhood sees the erection of a transmitter, subsequent health problems are often attributed to that transmitter. Psychologically the mast is deemed to have caused the illnesses. However, an argument against this is the many cases where disguised, stealth, or concealed transmitters have been erected without local knowledge and similar illnesses still occur. Page 7 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower Moreover, when similar conditions arise in animals near new transmitters, and in laboratory trials under controlled circumstances, the animals do not have such a psychologic component, yet still respond similarly in the ways that humans do. 25. Advancement in microwave technology since the Cold War necessitated concurrent experimentation. Thousands of research studies exist concerning ill effects from low-level, below thermal irradiation levels, involving almost every organ in the body. Possibly the most comprehensive explanation for this phenomenon is written by Dr. A. Goldsworthy of ImperialCollege London: The biological effects of weak electromagnetic fields (2007), http:tinyurl.com/2nfujj; also: firstname.lastname@example.org. 26. Before I go further, I wish to comment on the telecommunication industry’s own research. In February 2007, I was invited to give a short presentation concerning low-level microwave irradiation and cancer at London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. One of the other speakers present was Dr. George Carlo. Sharing the same hotel afforded me the opportunity to engage in several conversations with Dr. Carlo during the two days we were in London. Dr. Carlo explained how he was commissioned by the mobile industry to conduct research on its products. His study (www.health/concerns.org) involved 200 research doctors and 15 epidemiological studies (1993-1999), at a cost of 28.5 million US dollars. ‘Our data showed increased risk to children, concerning tumours, genetic damage and other problems,’ explained Dr Carlo. He continued, ‘my results were suppressed by the telecommunications industry.’ 27. Further discussion of industry influence is warranted as The University of Berne, Switzerland, published a data synthesis of 59 research studies involving ill health from low-level MW irradiation. The Department of Social and Preventive Medicine concluded: ‘Studies funded exclusively by industry reported the largest number of outcomes, but were least likely to report a Page 8 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower statistically significant result. The interpretation of results * * * should take sponsorship into account.’ Huss, A. et al., Source of Funding and Results of Studies of Health effects of Mobile Phone Use: Systematic Review of experimental Studies, (2006), University of Berne, Finkenhubelweg II, Switzerland (email@example.com). 28.Moreover, the ‘Journal of Industrial Medicine’ published the fact that industrial affiliation was being concealed by research scientists, suggesting that biases from conflicting interests in risk assessments cannot be evaluated properly. Hardell, L., et al., Secret Ties to Industry and Conflicting Interests in Cancer Research, American Journal of Industrial Medicine, at l, May (2006), [Wiley-Liss Inc.]; http://www.interscience.wiley.com; Dept of Oncology, University Hospital, Orebro University, Sweden. Examples of these problems from Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States are presented. 29. Notwithstanding industry’s attempts to influence research, even their own studies continued to find adverse health effects. One example is a worldwide epidemiological study (commissioned by T-Mobile, on its own product) that concluded, ‘On the cellular level, a multitude of studies found the type of damage from high frequency electromagnetic fields which is important for cancer initiation and cancer promotion.’ Mobile Telecommunications and Health, ECOLOG Institute, Sec 7, April (2000) (firstname.lastname@example.org). This document also describes DNA damage on the same page. 30. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended that electromagnetic radiation (which includes WI-FI radiation) be classified as a ‘probable human carcinogen.’ United States Environmental Protection Agency, Evaluation of the Potential Carcinogenicity of Electromagnetic Fields, External Review Draft, No. EPAl600/6-901005B, October 1990. With many new studies since 1990, there is certainty that microwave radiation in particular is carcinogenic. Page 9 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 31. Following a spate of illnesses in their practices, on October 9, 2002, a group of doctors produced the Freiburger Appeal. http://omega.twoday.net/stories/555926/, scroll down for cluster listing. Initially signed by 270 medical consultants, scientists, GPs, MPs and physicians, it now has many thousands of signatories worldwide. It is a warning to decision-makers concerning illnesses from low-level microwaves. This appeal lists 13 severe, chronic illnesses and various disorders involving: behaviour, blood, heart, cancers, migraines, tinnitus, susceptibility to infections and sleeplessness, all of them ascribed to ‘pulsed microwaves from mobile communications technology.’ Interdisziplina re Gesellschaft fur Umweltmedizin e. V. http://www.e-smognrw.denews/skandal/wewelsburg/HESEProject!FreiburgerAppell/Liv elistenderunterschriftensammlungfurdenFreiburgerAppellArztelists.htm. 32. During September 2002 at the University of Vienna, 19 of the world’s top scientists met to discuss electromagnetic waves. This was known as the Catania Resolution. They stated ‘we take exception to arguments suggesting that weak, low-intensity EMF cannot interact with tissue. There are plausible mechanistic explanations for EMF-induced effects that occur below present ICNRP guidelines and exposure recommendations by the EU.’ 33. An international study of schools near cell towers or with a cell tower on school premises published a list of impairments and illnesses amongst staff and students, finding with large numbers of cancer clusters and other illnesses. There were 47 cancer clusters. Schools and Cell Tower Antennaes, 2003, http://members.aol.com/gotemf/emf/schools.htm; http://www.omega.tw oday.net/stories/55592. 34. Another report, School References (school and cell tower antennas) from 138 schools, dated November 2003, lists miscarriages, brain tumours, cancers, breast cancers and teachers ill within this report. One single school had transmitters on its roof in the Saint-Cyr-l’Ecole quarter of France, where eight cases of cancer were confirmed amongst children in the district. Page 10 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 35. The Stewart Report 2004 asks that anecdotal evidence be taken seriously in the absence of long-term epidemiological studies, regarding illnesses around the area of mobile phone transmitters. Such anecdotal evidence produced July 2002 refers to 92 cases of cancer around just 19 mobile phone transmitters. Other illnesses in the same paper refer to breast cancers, thyroid, bowel and blood problems. Now, of course, there are many epidemiological studies, and they are consistent in showing such illnesses and other harmful effects. 36. In 2007, an international group of scientists studied 2000 peer-reviewed and published research papers. They recommended an acceptable level of radiation of not more than 0.6 V/m = ~1μW/cm2 outdoors, and 0.2 V/m = ~0.1 μW/cm2 indoors, based on the interaction between low-level microwaves and the cellular processes. This became known as the Bioinitiative Level, which has since been lowered by a factor of 10, to 0.01 μW/cm2 . 37.A project called EU-Reflex or European Union Risk Evaluation of Potential Environmental Hazards from Low Frequency Electromagnetic Field Exposure using sensitive in Vitro Methods shows that cells exposed to cell phone radiation exhibit chromosomal damage well below the exposure guidelines of the WHO. 38. The following studies: Naila, Hutter, Santini, Oberfeld, Bamberg, Wolf, etc. all show increased neurologic impairments and/or cancers and/or other illnesses from low-level microwave irradiation. A good summary of these studies, with details, can be found on the Radiation Research Trust’s website: http://www.radiationresearch.org. 39. The International Association of Fire Fighters opposes the use of fire stations as transmitter sites, because of the health problems of its members. International Association of Fire Fighters, http://www.iaff.org/safe/content/celltower/celltowerfinal.htm. 40. The world-renowned Irish Doctors’ Association listed 70 research papers showing the dangers from low-level microwaves. Dr. Santini listed 20 similar studies; the Page 11 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower EM Radiation Research Trust listed 9 studies; Dr. Blackwell listed 6 similar studies in his report, and finally 4 international universities completed the Spanish Study, which verified all of these known illnesses. The authors of the Spanish study (The Microwave Syndrome-Further Aspects of a Spanish Study, 2004) recommended a level 10 million times below ICNIRP guidelines (discussed below), or 0.1 μW/cm2. Dr. Gerd Oberfeld, one of the authors of the study, is the Director of the Public Health Office in Salzburg, Austria, which lowered its precautionary value for indoor exposures to GSM frequencies to comply with the recommendation made by the study. See: http://www.ideaireland.org/emrresearch.htm; Santini paper (2006): http://next-up. org/pdf/Roger_SANTINI_Scientific_arguments_to_prove_application_of_precaution_principle_ mobil_phone.pdf, Dr. Grahame – Six studies showing ill effect: http://www.starweave.com/masts /; The Microwave Syndrome Further Aspects of a Spanish Study: http://www.hese-project.org/he se-uk/en/papers/navarro_n%20045%20_p353%20-%20p358_.pdf. 41. Listing and referencing all such epidemiological studies would be too extensive and repetitive for this article; suffice to say, by 2006, it was reported that 80 percent of the extant epidemiological studies on the WHO database list symptoms from microwave sickness, including up to fourfold increase in cancers from low-level microwaves. Guilmot, Jean-luc, WHO EMF Database, Watch – Understand – Act 26, Sept (2006), http://www.001be.cx. I was curious to investigate the remaining 20 percent that showed no symptoms. However, this had already been looked at by Swiss scientists who said ‘the interpretation of results * * * should take sponsorship into account.’ By that time, Michael Meacher, Minister for the Environment 1997- 2003 (UnitedKingdom), had published a report blaming some universities for accepting lucrative contracts in reporting favourable results from scientific research. In the same month, United States Congressman Henry Waxman published a similar report in Scientific American stating that science was being corrupted by industry. http://www.next-up.org/pdf/Ope Page 12 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower nLetterWHODrvanDeventer.pdf; Swiss Study on funding sources; http://www.ehponline.org/doc s/2006/9149/abstract.html; Michael Meacher quote, http://www.epolitix.com/EN/MPWebsites/M ichael+Meacher/c8afdecc-b15e-41ad-b9cf-25354790d2dc.htm, also published in The Times, May (2004); Henry Waxman in The Scientific American, http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?arti cleID=0000FF81-A7DD-1084-A73E83414B7F0000 (May 2004). 42. In April 2011, the Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (RNCNIRP) found: Preventing childhood and juvenile diseases from exposure to EMF sources is of paramount social and economic importance. * * * This problem has been already recognized by the international community: in May 2011, the World Health Organization (WHO) will be organizing the Second International Conference: ‘Non-ionizing Radiation and Children’s Health’ dedicated to health protection of children exposed to EMF sources of various frequency ranges. It is the WHO’s opinion that a ‘child is more vulnerable to environmental factors.’ * * * Human brain and the nervous system tissues directly perceive EMF and react irrespective of its intensity, and in certain cases it depends on EMF modulation. * * * Analysis of scientific peer-reviewed national and international publications as well as analysis of actual population exposure to EMF have allowed the RNCNIRP to formulate 10 postulates. * * * (Note: here and following, ‘EMF’ includes RF/MW radiation). 1. For the first time in human evolution, the brain is daily exposed to modulated EMF at all developmental stages. 2. Absorption of EMF in a child’s brain is greater than in adult phone users; larger brain areas including those responsible for intellectual development are exposed in a child’s brain. 3. A child’s brain is undergoing development * * * 8. Better safety criteria for children and teenagers are required in the nearest term. Features of the developing organism should be taken into account, as well as the significance of bioelectric process for human life and activities, present and future conditions of EMF, prospects of technological and technical development should be addressed in a document of legal status. (Italics added). RNCNIRP, Electromagnetic Fields From Mobile Phones: Health Effects on Children and Teenagers, (Italics added) April 2011, http://www.scribd.com/doc/55420788/Electromagn etic-Fields-from-Mobile-Phones-Health-Effect-on-Children-and-Teenagers. Page 13 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 43. On May 6, 2011, the European Parliament was presented with a report recommending that wireless networks and mobile phones be totally banned from schools on health grounds. Council of Europe, The potential dangers of electromagnetic fields and their effect on the environment, Parliamentary Assembly, Committee on the Environment, Agriculture and Local and Regional Affairs, assembly.coe.int/documents/workingdocs/doc11/edoc12608.pdf. This document notes that young people are most susceptible. Id at 2. The Assembly recommends that we take all reasonable measures to reduce exposure to electromagnetic fields on ‘as low as reasonably achievable’ (ALARA) (Id.) The Parliamentary Assembly asked education and health authorities to develop information campaigns ‘aimed at teachers, parents and children to alert them to the specific risks of early, ill-considered and prolonged use of mobiles and other devices emitting microwaves.’ Id at 3. The Assembly also asked that Governments ‘ban all mobile phones, DECT phones or WI-FI or WLAN systems from classrooms and schools, as advocated by some regional authorities, medical associations and civil society organizations.’ (Italics added) Id. 44. In conclusion, even so-called ‘low’ levels of microwave radiation are very serious! Emphasis supplied. It is impossible to MW-irradiate the body without an effect. Low-level MW radiation is as dangerous or even more dangerous than high-level radiation. 45. I reserve the reserve the right to amend to add new relevant studies as they may arise and pending analysis, additional testing, and recently received voluminous discovery. Current Regulations and Thermal Heating 46. The guidelines set by ICNIRP and the National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB), and which are followed by the United States’ FCC, are amongst the least protective in the world. Being thermally based – no account whatsoever is given to the effect of the electric and magnetic of the wave interacting with the physiology of the body – it is very unlikely, if not impossible, for any person to receive warming of the body with exposure exceeding the guidelines, if this person Page 14 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower is not sitting right on top of the transmitter. Guidelines in units of microwatts per cm2, the maximum level for 1,800 MHz transmitters, 1,000 of these units. By contrast, Russia and China have a total maximum of 10 of these units, μW/cm2, Toronto has a maximum of 6 μW/cm2 and in Salzburg, the limit is 0.1 μW/cm2. The June 2000 International Conference at Salzburg, consisting of 19 of the world’s top scientists in this field, set the level at 0.1 units. 47. The EU Parliament on September 4, 2008, by 522 votes to 16, stated that the ‘ICNIRP guidelines were obsolete and out of date.’ Mast Action UK – Legal Services (2010). 48. By way of example, Russia has recommended the banning of children under 16 from using cell phones when possible. 49. As a result of research that documents the harmful effects of MW radiation on fetuses, the British government warned in the cell phone handbook under ‘safety,’ that pregnant women should not have a cell hone near the abdomen, children under 16 should avoid carrying phones near their abdomen, like boys in their trouser pockets, and children should text rather than phone. The handbook recommends that if they do phone, they use hands-free, so the phone is away from the head; that, if one is going to make a long call, one should use a landline telephone; and that the phone should never be closer than 0.98 inch from the body. The government advice for children is ‘essential calls only’ to avoid exposure to MW radiation. See Statz, P., The Cell Phone Handbook: Everything You Wanted to Know About Wireless Telephony (But Didn’t Know Whom or What to Ask) (1999) http://www.amazon.com/Cell-Phone-Handbook-Everything-Telephony/dp/1890154121. 50. These international bodies’, NRPB’s and ICNIRP’s, guidelines are based purely on thermal effects. Looking at scientific papers, most of the rest of the world disagrees with this assessment. Dr. Cletus Kanavy, Chief of the Biological Effects Group of the Phillips Laboratory’s Electromagnetic Effects Division at Kirkfield Air Force Base in New Mexico, says there is a ‘Large amount of data, both animal, experimental and human clinical to support the existence of Page 15 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower chronic, non-thermal effects * * * these include behavioural, neural, fetal, blood, metabolic, endocrine and immune problems.’ 51. Professor Adey, a Fellow of the US American Academy of Scientists and a distinguished visitor of the Royal Society of Medicine said of his own research, in parallel with similar studies in Russia in the early 1980s, that they showed that radio frequency and microwave radiation affected enzyme systems that regulate growth and the division of white blood cells. 52. Clearly there are experts worldwide, both in military-intelligence and from Universities, from the long before Cold War to the present, who have shown that microwave radiation below thermal effects can impinge on human and other living organisms’ physiologic functions. Pulse and Modulation 53. Carrier waves may be used to carry information (video or audio data) that can be superimposed on them by modulation. 54. Sometimes academic arguments arise where the word ‘pulsing’ is not used and a word like ‘modulated’ substituted. Theoretically, there can be very little difference between a modulated wave and a pulsed wave. 55.Scientists argue over what constitutes a modulation or pulse. A modulation is a superimposition of data upon a carrier wave; modulations are usually connected with an infinitesimally thin thread of ‘energy.’ A pulse has no such attachment to the following pulse. A reader may wonder why this distinction is relevant. Scientists specializing in this field blame pulsed microwaves for various biological reactions within our cellular structures, which may then cause illness and impairment. 56. Further arguments suggest that there is no biological difference between a frequency modulated transmission or pulse when it comes to resonance with our cyclotronic and circadian rhythms. Page 16 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 57. Transmissions may be directional or isotropic (equal in all directions), may be analogue (with continuously variable quantity e.g. spatial position) or digital (sometimes called ‘frequency- modulated’). However, all transmissions are electromagnetically propagated. In the world of nuclear and atomic physics, electronic switches can make tens of millions of decisions a second; and all transmissions travel at the speed of light. 58. Transmissions can be increased by possibly up to 40 percent, with side lobe technology. Vector mathematics can demonstrate whether any of these transmissions are incident upon another transmitted wave, such as a low-frequency radio wave, as there can be a piggy-back effect (constructive interference). 59. The Health Council of the Netherlands Radio Frequency Radiation Committee says in its 200 page 1997 report, concerning frequencies of 300 Hz to 300 GHz: ‘The experimental data indicate that the effects of EM fields occur at lower power densities when the object is exposed to pulsed electromagnetic fields.’ In other words, you will get impairments and illnesses quicker if the microwaves are pulsed. Health Council of the Netherlands: Radiofrequency Radiation Committee, Radiofrequente elektromagnetische velden (300 Hz – 300 GHz), at 134 (1997). 60. Professor Salford at Lund University in Sweden has shown in his work in the year 2000 that pulsing can alter the permeability of the blood/brain barrier in rats. This would reasonably occur in human brains as well, and could have profound effects on brain function. 61. The Freiburger Appeal (2002), as previous mentioned, says, ‘One can no longer evade these pulsed microwaves. They heighten the risk of already present chemical/physical influences, stress the body’s immune system and can bring the body’s still functioning regulatory mechanisms to a halt. Pregnant women, children, adolescents, elderly and sick people are especially at risk.’ 62. Assimilating knowledge from the Cold War and other sources, I accumulated a plethora of data describing how pulsed / modulated microwaves interfere with our cellular biochemistry. Page 17 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower Believing the communications industry to be spiralling out of control with its new innovations, I published my list on the Internet in the hope that the industry and policymakers would take note. (The Communications Industry is in the position where it is spiralling out of any person’s ability to control it, An open letter from Barrie Trower (undated); http://omega.twoday.net/search?qBarry+Trower; http://www.mastsani ty.org), Transduction 63. I will try to summarise the thousand or so research papers written over the last 20 or so years and explain or summarise what happens when the electric and magnetic part of the wave goes into our bodies. We, being water-based animals, act like aerials to these waves. As the waves penetrate our bodies, an electric current is generated inside our bodies, which is how aerials work. Waves come in and electricity is generated. The electricity generated in our bodies, like all electric currents, goes to ground through our bodies; and like all electric currents, it takes the path of least resistance. Unfortunately, the path of least resistance through our bodies, although only representing 10 percent of our pathways, carries 90 percent of our traffic rather like the M1 motorway. The traffic in our bodies, namely hormones, antibodies and neurotransmitters, know where they are going because they also carry an electric charge. The hormones, antibodies and neurotransmitters know where to ‘get off’ the pathway, because there is a corresponding opposite charge at the site of delivery – rather like the positive and negative ends of a battery. The problem is, if you have an electric current passing through the body it can change this charge, either on the hormones, antibodies or neurotransmitters, or at the site of delivery. 64. A similar effect is that the destination for some of these hormones, neurotransmitters, and antibodies is a surface of a cell where chemicals will pass through a membrane into a cell. If you think of a cell in our body, be it a brain cell, bone cell, etc., as having a positive and negative charge on the outside and the inside similar to a battery the difference in these charges will draw Page 18 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower the chemical into the cell or draw poisonous substances out of the cell. If the charge is changed on the outside of the cell, then necessary chemicals may not go in or poisonous chemicals may not go out. Children 65. WI-FI in a classroom is more powerful energy than having a cell tower 300m away. It makes no sense to have WI-FI in the class, especially where cell masts are disallowed. 66. My position as scientific advisor requires that I read and translate papers from all around the world, and, I have never, ever, no matter which country I lecture in, which paper I have read, I have never seen a single scientist brave enough to submit for peer review a safety level of microwave radiation for a child or embryo. There is not one that exists. Last year I lectured in six countries. When I’m in a country I challenge on TV the industry and the government to produce a scientist who will come on air with me and cite a safe level for children. In 12 years, no one has ever come forward. 67. Children act like antennas and absorb more radiation than adults because they are smaller, and their very dimensions approximate the deployment’s wavelength. See example of humans acting as antennae: Cohn G, Morris D, Patel S, Tan D, Your Noise is My Command: Sensing Gestures Using the Body as an Antennae, http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmon d/groups/cue/publications/chi2011_rfgestures_cohn.pdf: A basic receiving antenna can be thought of as an apparatus that converts electromagnetic waves into electrical current * * * It turns out that the human body is also a very effective antenna over a broad frequency range. As an electrical conductor, when exposed to electromagnetic fields, it behaves as an antenna with a frequency resonance determined by various factors including height, posture, etc. 68. Children are not merely small adults. They are physiologically and neurologically immature; their systems have not yet formed. Microwave radiation alters the blood-brain barrier Page 19 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower so that toxins leak into the brain. This can cause neurologic and psychologic amongst many other problems more easily in children. A child’s immune system, which fights off infection, takes 18 years to develop. Additionally, 122 layers of protein – myelin – insulate the electrically generated signals used by the nervous system to control muscles and organs. These layers of protein take 22 years to develop. MW radiation has been shown to affect protein synthesis. This could lead to muscular dystrophy-like symptoms in later life. 69. I have always predicted that any school that allows itself to be ‘bathed’ in microwaves from whatever source will see its sicknesses rise and behaviour fall. I have received many phone calls to confirm this. In all of the schools I have visited around the world with WI-FI, every one has reported the same symptoms in students: fatigue, headaches, nausea, chest pain, vision problems. I argue that one could experience from microwave radiation psychologic problems, with increase in aggression and other bad behaviour, as well as reduced immune symptoms, leading to more and longer colds and coughs, depression, anxiety, bad behaviour and suicidal tendencies from sleep deprivation and finally – leukaemia. 70. The effects of microwaves will continue long after the children are exposed at school. A study has been carried out on children using an ordinary microwave transmitter, a cell phone. What it found was that after just two minutes’ use of a cell phone, the children had their natural brain waves disrupted for up to two hours thereafter. This is called long-term potentiation, and it can last up to six weeks. 71. Research suggests children and women (females have more complex hormone-based systems to be disrupted than males) exhibit more vulnerability to illnesses from MW irradiation than do adult males. 72. The problem with young girls is that microwave irradiation has been shown to damage the genetic structure in their ovaries. Girls are born with all of the eggs they need in their ovaries at Page 20 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower birth. They are immature eggs, hence susceptible to damage during growth. Microwaves are genotoxic (experiments can be linked to children showing low-level mobile telephony radiation disrupts the biochemistry of follicle cells in a mammalian egg chamber), hence the microwaves irradiation could affect the genetic structure within the eggs. The problem here is that the mitochondrial DNA, the genes inside the ovaries, is irreparable. If you have a little girl in whom there is damage through this mechanism to the genetic structure in one of her eggs, and she has a daughter, that daughter will carry that genetic problem. It is irreparable. And her daughter in turn will carry that genetic problem, because it is irreparable. And every female forever, in that line, will carry that problem in perpetuity, because it is irreparable. Attached as Addendum ‘A’ is a diagram further explaining this process. 73. I believe the most important research I have read is from Dr. Goldsworthy, The biological effects of weak electromagnetic fields (2007), http:tinyurl.com/2nfuj; also, a.goldsworthy@imper ial.ac.uk. Dr. Goldsworthy not only shows the mechanism by which microwaves disrupt cells, but also predicts that a genetically damaged sperm and egg can lead to mutant offspring. If you think of children with these transmitters near their laps, the question must be, ‘Why do this for the sake of a piece of cable and a plug, which could replace WI-FI with no loss of performance, and in fact improved performance?’ 1 Acharya, PVN; The Effect of Ionizing Radiation on the Formation of Age-Correlated Oligo Deoxyribo Nucleo Phospheryl Peptides in Mammalian Cells; 10th International Congress of Gerontology, Jerusalem. Abstract No. 1; January 1975. Work done while employed by Dept. of Pathology, University of Wisconsin, Madison. 2 3 Acharya, PVN; Implicatons of The Action of Low-Level Ionizing Radiation on the Inducement of Irreparable DNA Damage Leading to Mammalian Aging and Chemical Carcinogenesis.; 10th International Congress of Biochemistry, Hamburg, Germany. Abstract No. 01-1-079; July 1976. Work done while employed by Dept. of Pathology, University of Wisconsin, Madison. Acharya, PV Narasimh; Irreparable DNA-Damage by Industrial Pollutants in Pre-mature Aging, Chemical Carcinogenesis and Cardiac Hypertrophy: Experiments and Theory; 1st International Meeting of Heads of Clinical Biochemistry Laboratories, Jerusalem, Israel. April 1977. Work conducted at Industrial Safety Institute and Behavioral Cybernetics Laboratory, University of Wisconsin, Madison. Page 21 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 74. This represents permanent, low-level microwave damage, and it also involves the induction of chronic nitrosative and oxidative stress. Warnke, http://www.hese-project.org/de/emf/WissenschaftForschung/Warnke_Dr.%20rer.%20nat ._Ulrich/20050219_VortragDrWarnke.pdf (2005) (in German, English translation in progress). It is known that chronic nitrosative/oxidative stress damages the mitochondria, the ‘powerhouses’ of each cell in the body. Mitochondropathy is at the root of many of today’s chronic illnesses, such as MS, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Fibromyalgia Diabetes, Artherosclerosis and Obesity. Kuklinsli, http://www.kpu-berlin.de/For_Neu_Kuklinski _1_en.html (2004). Even more disturbingly, when chronic nitrosative and oxidative stress is present, irreversible mitochondrial DNA damage will occur sooner or later (see also Kuklinski, htt p://www.kpu-berlin.de/For_Neu_Kuklinski_1_en.html (2004)). The mitochondrial DNA is ten times more susceptible to nitrosative / oxidative stress than is the DNA in the cell nucleus. Whilst regular cell DNA has built-in repair mechanisms, mitochondrial DNA is irreparable, due to its low histone protein content. The mitochondropathy is therefore irreversibly transmitted to the children by the maternal egg cell, causing cumulative irreparable damage to future generations. 75. There is no known safe level of MW irradiation for an embryo, a fetus, a child or a pregnant woman. Electro-hyper-sensitivity 76. The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes and describes electro-hyper-sensitivity. Electro-hyper-sensitivity can be compared to a food allergy that exposes the person to great harm on each occasion that the food is absorbed. If a food received this much adverse publicity from research all over the world, it would be immediately taken off the shelf. Page 22 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 77. In Sweden, it is published that 3.15 percent of its population is medically recognized and registered as being handicapped from electro-hyper-sensitivity. This number is comparable in California and it is believed to be similar in Australia. The Irish Doctors’ Association believes this figure may actually be as high as 15 percent. Experimentation 78. In 2008, the European Parliament wrote to its 27 countries urging them to ignore WHO guidelines and set exposure limits at lower levels. Ries, European Parliament 2004-2009 Commission on the Environment. Public Health and Food Safety, 2008/2211/INI (translation by http://www.nexyt-up.org) Editor: Frederique Ries (2008). In response, the WHO (which only began studying microwave radiation effects on children in 2009) stated it will not comment on microwave radiation effects on people until 2015, when it will be able to establish effects on human beings. Their researchers are watching people to see how many will become sick. We are being experimented upon. The Cumulative Dose 79. Professors Sosskind, Provsnitz, Lai, and Cherry and a Russian International Medical Commission have all warned about the cumulative effect of these microwaves. See, Effects of chronic microwave irradiation on mice, S Prausnitz & C Susskind, 1962. 80.Professor Sosskind and Provsnitz write, ‘An accumulated cellular level damage mechanism is not necessarily related to the intensity but can relate to total dose.’ This is not surprising; a property of electromagnetic radiation exposure is that the effects are cumulative. By way of example, if we go out on a cloudy day we can still get sunburned, it just takes longer. 81.In the report Mobile telephones, their base stations and health, from the French Health General Directorate, January (2001), they warn of the cumulative exposure over the lifetime of a child. This body concluded with an interesting sentence stating, ‘Biological Page 23 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower effects occur at energy levels that do not cause any rise in local temperature.’ As it may be argued that biological effects may not be hazardous, the responsibility for this decision concerning children should lay with the parents, guardians or those in loco-parentis and not the school. 82. Based upon a review of the Mount Tabor School WI-FI Floor Plan, schoolchildren will be exposed to as much as 30-40 hours per week of constant, digitally encoded pulsed WI-FI signals from each wireless device in the child’s vicinity, in addition to the infrastructure, making the cumulative exposure over a child’s lifetime successively higher. 83. When reviewing this case, it occurred to me to compare the relative cumulative dose of WI-FI in the classrooms with a commonly known device that emits the same frequencies. That device is a microwave oven. Both WI-FI and microwave ovens operate at a frequency of ~2.4 GHz. An average WI-FI transmitter operates on 0.2 J/s [0.2 Watts] power. Therefore, if using only 20 computer/laptop transmitters in a classroom, there is a combined 4 J/s [4 Watts]. A typical microwave oven (output) is 800 J/s [800 Watts] (magnetron input equals 1,200 J/s [1,200 Watts]). A classroom equals 4 J/s [4 Watts]; a microwave oven 800 J/s [800 Watts]. A ratio of 1:200. Thus, if WI-FI is used in morning and afternoon sessions, and if 200 seconds in a classroom (at 4 J/s [4 Watts]) equals 1 second inside a microwave oven (at 800 J/s [800 Watts]), then over a school day a child or adult receives the equivalent of 2 minutes in a microwave oven, 10 minutes per week.4 4 It should be noted these calculations will vary according to the following factors: There can be approximately 13 mathematical variations to wave formulae; The 1/d2 rule will apply to distance; The wall transmitter and main transmitter are not included/calculated; Constructive interference patterns are not calculated; WI-FI sets and transmitters in nearby classrooms are not included/calculated; and Reflective materials are unknown: i.e. wall insulation. To understand fully the actual exposures, a reading will be taken in a classroom with 20 or more fully operational Page 24 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower 84. As a final word about cumulative dose, it must be stressed that a long-low exposure can be more dangerous than a short-high exposure. By way of example, as I wrote in my published paper (co-written with Scientist Andrea Klein), Wireless Laptops and Their Transmitters Using Microwaves in Schools, http://www.mastsanity.org/wifi/17/154-wireless-laptops-and-their- transmitters-using-microwaves-in-schools-a-report-by-barrie-trower.html, Permanent low-level microwave exposure can induce chronic nitrosative/oxidative stress; hence damage to mitochondrial DNA. Conclusion 85. There is a simple solution, use a cable and a plug or fibre optic cable to deliver the Internet. 86. With all of this evidence pointing to physical, mental and long-term disorders even long into the future (including cancers and mutant newborns), is this honestly worth the risk to our next generations for the sake of just a few metres of wire and a plug. As shown, the dangers of low-level, below-thermal microwaves, have been known to governments for >50 years. I was educated in microwave technology by the Military (United Kingdom) in the early 1960’s, and even then we were instructed of these dangers. Nothing has changed to suddenly make microwaves safe.
87. The evidence for adverse effects of low-level microwave irradiation is currently strong and grows stronger with each new study. Using a cabled Internet system does not increase exposure.
88. I ask you, if a drink were reported in the 1950’s to cause cancer and other ill effects, and
if countless reports and epidemiologic and toxicologic studies and expert associations since
showed these reports to be correct, would you give this to your children to drink, knowing they
have their whole lives ahead of them? So what is the difference? It is simple. This product,
pulse-modulated microwave radiation from WI-FI, is backed and financed by the most powerful
computers and WI-FI transmission devices next to other classrooms (below, above, adjacent, etc.) with 20 or more fully operational transmission devices in each of those rooms.
Page 25 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower
industry on the planet. This is an industry that apparently does not have to prove its product is safe (unlike a drug company). Incredibly, the public is rather told to prove it is not! Thence take this industry to court with your list of impairments, illnesses, cancers, leukaemias, early deaths, etc.
89. Within the relevant scientific community, it is generally accepted that that many bioeffects and adverse health effects occur at far lower levels of radio wave and MW exposure where no measurable heating occurs; some effects are shown to occur at several hundred thousand times below the existing public guidelines.
90. In my opinion, Portland Public Schools’ use of WI-FI is causing and will continue to cause AHM, other students, and school staff and faculty adverse health effects, and should be discontinued immediately.
Dated this 21st day of December 2011.
/s/ Barrie Trower
Page 26 – Amended Declaration of Barrie Trower
Humanity At The Brink: WiFi Report Reveals The Alarming Facts
Humanity At The Brink: WiFi Report Reveals The Alarming Facts
The Millennium Report
June 28, 2016
Baarrie Trower – wireless networks genetic mutations.jpg.opt672x354o0,0s672x354
Humanity At The Brink: WiFi Report Reveals The Alarming Facts
NEW Barrie Trower WiFi Report –
Humanity At The Brink
By Barrie Trower
With Deference to all Scientists: this Research Report has been written for all students and non-scientists to understand.
As stated by University Researchers, Government Scientists and International Scientific Advisors; a minimum of 57.7% of schoolgirls exposed to low-level microwave radiation (Wi-fi) are at risk of suffering stillbirth, foetal abnormalities or genetically damaged children, when they give birth. Any genetic damage may pass to successive generations.
Wifi: a Thalidomide in the Making – Who Cares?
Professor John R Goldsmith, International / Advisor Consultant for R.F. Communication, Epidemiology and Communications Sciences Advisor to the World Health Organisation, Military and University Advisor, Researcher; wrote concerning the low level exposure of microwave irradiation (below thermal level) incident upon women:
“Of the microwave-exposed women, 47.7% had miscarriages prior to the 7th week of pregnancy….”(1)
The level of irradiation incident upon the women was stated, as from, five microwatts per centimetre squared. This level of irradiation may seem meaningless to a non-scientist; however, when I say that it is below what most schoolgirls will receive in a classroom of wi-fi transmitters, from the age of approximately five years upwards, this level becomes more meaningful.
A distinction here must be made and a very important one: schoolgirls are not women. Schoolgirls are children and children are both neurologically and physiologically different from adults. A child’s brain tissue / bone marrow has different electrical conductivity properties than adults due to the higher water content (2) (this renders the Specific Absorption Rate obsolete). Children’s absorption of microwave radiation can be ten times higher than adults. Permanent low-level microwave exposure can induce chronic nitrosative and oxidative ‘stress’ thence, damage the cellular mitochondria (mitochondropathy). This ‘stress’ can cause irreversible mitochondrial DNA damage (mitochondrial DNA is ten times more susceptible to oxidative and nitrosative ‘stress’ than the DNA in the cell nucleus). Mitochondrial DNA is irreparable due to its low histone protein content, therefore any damage (genetic or otherwise) can be transmitted to all successive generations through the maternal line. (3)
Hence, we are subjecting each successive female generation to harm. Whether these two ten-fold increases ‘merge’ to become 57.7% or are additional, thence equal 67.7% of those to suffer, is a moot point. Either way we are facing the equivalent of a pandemic. I was invited to present a lecture at Brighton University recently and one Doctor commented on a +60% foetal birth rate damage from exposed farm animals. All mammalian species will of course suffer the same consequence resulting from low-level microwave irradiation. There is very little difference ‘biologically’ between our embryonic cells.
I invite the Reader to peruse my diagram and / or read my simple explanation concerning the microwaving of the ovarian follicles in schoolgirls.
Imagine you are five years old, in school and sitting with a wi-fi laptop near your abdomen. Theoretically, your ovaries can become irradiated until you leave school at aged 16-18 years old. When you become pregnant, every one of your follicles (to become eggs) will have been microwaved. Hence, you may or may not deliver a healthy child.
Should you become a pregnant as a student, your embryo (for its first 100 days if it is female) is producing approximately 400,000 follicles (within its ovaries) for future child-birth.
The problem is that these developing follicle cells do not have the cellular protection of mature adult cells. Consequently your ‘Grandchild’ may have had every single follicle cell irradiated and damaged prior to its conception. Therefore when your child becomes an adult (with its irradiated follicles) there is a greater likelihood of its child (your Grand-daughter) suffering the ailments previously mentioned, during conception / embryonic and foetal development stages.
The shocking truth is, not only was all of this known and documented long before wi-fi was ever put in front of children, but the dangerous biological effects were concealed (as they are to this day) from the general public, in order to protect the industries profit.
Professor Goldsmith writes:
“…..effects from exposure to RF radiation in certain populations: reproductive effects…..increased spontaneous abortion…..increased incidence of childhood and other cancers…..” (1)
Confirming this with more than 2000 references is the Naval Medical Research Institute in their document: ‘Bibliography of Reported Biological Phenomena (Effects) and Clinical Manifestations Attributed to Microwave and Radio-Frequency Radiation’ highlight ‘……Altered Menstrual Activity / Altered Foetal Development…..’ (4)
The World Health Organization’s ‘International Symposium’ Research Agreement No. 05-609-04 ‘Biological Effects and Health Hazards of Microwave Radiation’ emphasizes in its 350 pages: Biological effects, health and excess mortality from artificial irradiation of Radio Frequency Microwaves. Section 28 deals with problems concerning Reproductive Function.
This document was classed as ‘Top Secret’ and its contents withheld by WHO and ICNIRP (International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection). (5)
Eldon Byrd, a scientist for the Naval Surface Weapon Centre of the US Navy, in one of his 1986 lectures on the effects of low-level microwaves, is referenced as stating:
‘…..we can alter the behaviour of cells, tissue…..cause up to six times higher foetus mortality and birth defects….’. (6)
Finally, the Mobile Telecommunications Industry carried out a very thorough and exhaustive scientific study on its own product. This industries conclusion was:
Sec. 7 “…..it can be concluded that electro-magnetic fields with frequencies in the mobile telecommunications range do play a role in the development of cancer.”
“…..Direct damage on the DNA as well as influences on the DNA synthesis and DNA repair mechanisms…..” (7)
(Note I have underscored the relevant words here.)
Note: DNA synthesis is essential for healthy embryonic / foetal / child’s growth.
With these few of the roughly 8000 research articles showing this phenomena; in order to protect this industries’ profit, the United States Defence Intelligence Agency sent a ‘document’ to ‘advanced nations’ describing the problem and suggesting ‘how to deceive the public’.
“…..if the more advanced nations of the West are strict in the enforcement of stringent exposure standards, there could be unfavourable effects on industrial output…..exposed to microwave radiation below thermal levels experience more…..” (8)
NB: Industrial output is of course…profit. A very relaxed exposure standard also makes it very difficult to take the industry to court.
This (and two other documents with ref. 8) then continues to list many physiological and neurological dangers from low-level: below thermal, microwave irradiation inc: blood disorders, heart problems, psychiatric symptoms and ‘menstrual disorders’.
*Wi-fi is of course, below thermal low-level microwave irradiation.*
In order to appease the US Government, some Governments adopted the ICNIRP guideline, whereby, the only safety limit is just six-minutes of warming. Which means: if you do not feel too warm in six minutes, wi-fi is deemed to be safe.
No consideration at all has been given to the published ‘below thermal’ cellular interaction as listed by several countries including the United States; which were (and are) known to cause: cancer, severe neuropathological symptoms, foetal defects and literally hundreds of illnesses related to cellular disorders.
Countries following ICNIRP continue to argue that their six minute warming effect is all that is required regarding microwave irradiation.
Should the Reader be wondering whether I am ‘as mad as a box of frogs’ and thinking ‘no government would ever harm its citizens for money, especially pregnant women’; I invite the Reader to investigate Government decisions behind: smoking, asbestos, BSE (mad-cow disease), lead in petrol, experiments on 20,000 UK serving military personnel serving in the 1960’s, thalidomide and of course Agent Orange sprayed over the food crops in Vietnam. To this day, many global birth defects stem from these Government / Government Scientific / Military decisions: with industrial advisors.
If further evidence is required, I invite the Reader to read documents released under the Freedom of Information Act; namely, Operations: Pandora, MK Ultra, MK Chaos, Cointelpro, MK Delta, MK Naomi, MK Search, Bluebird, Artichoke, Chatter, Sleeping Beauty and Grill Flame.
Here, secret experiments carried out by the Military / Government scientists upon unsuspecting civilians, namely: students, servicemen, psychiatric patients, poor, children over the age of 4 years, pregnant women, Muslims, Catholics, prisoners, handicapped, deaf, blind, homosexuals, single women, elderly, school children, ‘marginal groups’ and dissidents; served to increase their knowledge and understanding of; what is commonly known as…Stealth Warfare.
Progress on the study of illnesses caused by low-level microwave irradiation continues to this day. One current study on cancer and neurological harm continues until 2018 and involves women who could be pregnant. (9)
Progress Reports are also fed back to Governmental Scientists:
“…..students will understand the nature of RF…bioeffects research, including human / animal studies…..students will become familiar with current state of knowledge on potential health effects RF, such as cancer, memory loss, and birth defects.” (10)
NB: RF has become a generic term (Radio Frequency) to avoid using the term ‘microwave’. It poses less ‘safety queries’ as the word ‘radio’ itself, which used to refer to ‘long wave radio’ was domestically non threatening.
Governmental Intransigence forces a moratorium upon the risks of exposure to future generations. Both the Communications Industry and Governmental studies have proved that protein synthesis (the using of chemical structures to ‘build’ the roughly 4050 foetal and 4500 adults designated biological / neurological structures) can be influenced by low-level microwave irradiation. This moratorium seems to spread to organizations either relying on Governmental funding, or for whatever reason; acquiescence. However, not all research departments suppress the truth.
A brilliant paper published by Dundee University confirms that low-level microwave irradiation, unable to cause any heating (thermal) effect, can affect cellular signalling processes. (11)
The Main Risks to Children
These biological processes described as being ‘influenced’ by low-level microwave irradiation may not just damage foetal growth; relying on the same biological processes are:
Blood Brain Barrier requires 18 months to form and protects the brain from toxins. It is known to be effected.
Myelin Sheath requires 22 years to build its 122 layers. It is responsible for all thinking, organ and muscle processes.
Brain requires 20 years to develop (I can assure you, cell phones do not help in its development).
Immune System requires 18 years to develop. Bone marrow and Bone Density are known to be affected by low-level microwaves as are the immune systems’ white blood cells.
Bones requires 28 years to develop as mentioned the moisture content of children makes both the ‘soft bones’ and marrow particularly attractive to microwave irradiation. Bone marrow produces blood cells.
Clearly, our decision makers are overlooking a child illness pandemic hitherto unknown in our 40,000 generations of civilization; which can involve over a half of the World’s exposed mothers / children.
The Very Sad Truth
I have been very honoured to address approximately 40 Royals, Governments, Leaders of Governments, Leaders of Peoples and Government Officials over the years.
My address (text) to one King concerning the numbers of ill children was placed on the internet. (12)
I referenced over 200 cancer / leukaemia clusters in schools (up to the time of data collection) from low level microwave transmitters in schools. There were many different types of cancers, leukaemias, miscarriages and breast cancers of staff. These continue, mostly only recorded locally, to this day.
When this was discussed in the English Parliament (as one of the EU Countries involved), a Minister dismissed it and lied to the House of Commons. My request to prove this lie was denied.
Possibly, the most respected children’s charity in the World: UNICEF, joined forces with the World’s leading authority on the effects of harm from low-level microwave irradiation:
The Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection: in their research document ‘Health Effect on Children and Teenagers’ found;
85% increase in Central Nervous System Disorders
36% increase in epilepsy
11% increase in mental retardation
82% increase in blood immune disorders and Risk to Foetus. (13)
NB. The Reader may think that the cell phone irradiation is different from wi-fi as it has more power. In fact wi-fi can be more harmful because of its lower power! Low power can enter the body and cause harm. All electromagnetic waves are accumulative. If they are below the body’s threshold to cause activation of the necessary proteins required to defend and repair tissues, the damage accumulates very slowly and is undetectable like a cancer. Think of sunbathing on a cloudy day, you can still burn your skin.
The Good Guys
I have a list of nine countries (some of whom I am working with) who are actively, either taking wi-fi out of schools or in the legal argument-stage of this process. I decline to publically name these countries as my actions may interfere with their legal negotiations.
The Parliamentary Assembly (Assemblee Parlimentaire) Council of Europe Document 12608, published on 6.5.2011 in section 8.3.2. states:
‘…..ban all mobile phones, DECTphones or Wi-Fi or WLAN systems from classrooms and schools…..’
For legal reasons this had to be changed to a ‘wired system is preferred’. However, the meaning is clear.
In a translated document, Professor Yuri Grigoriev of the Russian Committee for Non Ionizing Radiation Protection wrote on 19.6.2012
‘…..recommend the use of wired networks and not networks using the wireless broadband access systems, including wi-fi, in schools and educational establishments.’
A document dated 25.3.2013 (updated from 19.3.2013) by the Executive Committee of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine wrote a letter to the Los Angeles Unified School District with the following recommendation:
‘…..do not add to the burden of public health by installing blanket wireless internet connections in Los Angeles Schools.’
Just prior to this in December 2012 the American Academy of Pediatrics (representing 60,000 Paediatricians) wrote to Congress requesting more protection from low-level microwave irradiation for children and pregnant women: with regard to wi-fi in schools, they write:
‘…..this is an unprecedented exposure with unknown outcome on the health and reproductive potential of a generation.’ (14)
In 2002, 36,000 Physicians and Scientists etc. signed the ‘Freiburg Appeal’. Ten years hence, it has been re-launched. It specifically warns against the use of Wi-fi and the irradiation of children, adolescents and pregnant women. ‘Freiburg’ is an International Doctors’ Appeal.
The Reader will appreciate that collectively there are approximately 100,000 of the World’s most knowledgeable professionals expostulating this same warning.
As an aside, should the Reader be wondering why I have not mentioned school-boys and whether they can be affected in a similar way to girls: the answer is ‘yes’.
DNA sperm fragmentation from wi-fi levels of irradiation, have been published. (15) It would require many more pages to comment upon this phenomenon and there is already a plethora of data both available and published.
Pulsing / Modulations
During the ‘Cold War’ conflict, whilst I was collating effects from microwave pulses / modulations caused by brain entrainment, resonance (both cyclotronic and circadian), rectification (at boundaries within the body) generated by electrically induced phase transition; it came to my attention that a list needed to be published for all microwave communication systems. (16)
In this Open Letter, I list 1 to 40 Hz (pulses / modulations per second) and their corresponding neurological / physiological response.
In his most explanatorily descriptive paper, Dr. Andrew Goldsworthy writes…..
‘…..For example, Grigoriev et. Al. (2010) showed that 30 days exposure to unmodulated 2450 MHz microwave radiation triggered a small but significant increase in anti-brain antibodies in the blood of rats…..which could then result in an auto immune attack on the brain and / or nervous system. An example of an auto immune disease of the brain is Graves disease in which the pituitary gland (at the base of the brain) is affected.’ (17)
NB. 2450 M Hz is the wi-fi frequency.
If you add the pulse / modulation frequency to the above; fatigue, depression, psychiatric problems (such as anger), loss of appetite and problems with movement can also be induced.
The Bad Guys
With gargantuan profits to be made, it is of no surprise that the English Parliamentary system choose to follow ICNIRP and their well established ‘Active Denial’ policy.
I became familiar with our ‘corruption’ when during the late 60’s 70’s, I was commissioned to investigate (under a programme initiated by Sir William Melvin (1911)) corruption within the hierarchy of the London Metropolitan Police and the non-elected Members of the English Parliament. Should the Reader be dismissive of such actions, I suggest looking at any of our Sunday newspapers over the past 45 years, including now.
When a Reverend lady wrote to a Minister, Nick Gibb MP, concerning Wi-fi in schools, his standard reply (which I have seen many times) stated:
“…..advice given…..by UK Health Protection Agency….. ‘There is no consistent evidence of health effects from RF exposures below guideline levels and no reason why schools and others should not use Wi-fi equipment.” (18)
This letter is designed to deceive (and it is very successful). Look to the words ‘no consistent evidence’. Let me explain please.
If I were to carry out an experiment on every single person who went through the doors of your main airport on any busy day and told them that they must drink one pint of beer and smoke ten cigarettes a day forever; some would react immediately, especially children. Others would react over days, weeks, months and years (many years in some cases). Then there would be those who would thoroughly enjoy the experiment and probably never be ill. That does not mean that alcohol and cigarettes are safe. It shows that people are not homogenous (all alike / identical). In other words, the conclusion of my experiment would be that there is: ‘no consistent evidence’.
Other Ministerial letters usually say: “most of our research” or “most of our scientists” both of which are equally meaningless.
What they never say is: Wi-fi is safe.
It will come as no surprise to the Reader to learn that I have been refused permission to have a face-to-face meeting with my MP, Mr Mel Stride. Hence my Member of Parliament has successfully brought the ‘shutters down’ on any access I may have had to Government. This act by Mr Stride became a ‘feature’ in our West Country newspaper by leading Journalist Paul James. (19)
During my last attempt to contact my MP, his Secretary, Dominic just hung-up the telephone on me.
Years ago, when I started to ‘advise caution’ re microwaving children / pregnant women; the Academic Registrar of my own University (Exeter) forbade me from ever communicating with it, ever again. A similar message came from Dr. Jamie Harle of the Open University (Medical Physics), who said: “Your work is too political.”
Clearly in England, some universities and some parliamentary persons are more afraid of governmental ‘reprisals’ than telling the truth. Regardless of the consequences.
Two Womens’ Stories
The Real Price of Intentional Ignorance and Greed. Those Consequences.
Ten telephone calls a day would not be unusual for me. I even receive calls Christmas Day / Easter Sunday. Two calls which summarize those from women are illustrated below. Both are actual conversations.
“…..my daughter had just died. I am holding her hand. She has just had her 11thbirthday and she was number 11 to die since the transmitter for Wi-fi was put near her and others’ desk…..”
“…..my child is one of several with cancer / birth genetic problems. These only started after the transmitter was turned on. My worries are two-fold and take every second of my life. Will my child ever marry or find a partner and be happy? What will happen when I die? I know I will die worrying. Regardless of who is to blame, it is me, the Mother who carries guilt and responsibility…..” (20)
I Ask for Readers’ Help, Please.
Imagine 57.7% of all of the schoolgirls with Wi-fi in their classrooms: all day all year all through their school career, in every country using it, in the World!
In just two generations we could have more dead / sick infants than resulted from both World Wars. And, these are not my figures, they come from Government advisors / research.
Advanced requests for this ‘Paper’ have been received from Royalty, Governmental Officers (outside of the UK) and people I will describe as ‘interesting’.
As shutters fall blocking every direction I try to turn, I ask: “Can the Reader succeed in preventing this ‘Pandemic’ where I will fail?”
I have two requests:
Would a Royal or Leading Governmental Official please ask the British Prime Minister, face to face, why he told my MP, Mr Stride, that he is ‘too busy’ to see me for just one hour to discuss this issue.
If every Reader sends just two copies of this Paper to people who may be able make a decision (preferably influential women); with mathematical progression the original 100 advanced requests will soon land on a desk of somebody who can make a difference.
When I am invited to speak in countries, I invariably end up on the radio / TV news / documentary channels. Thence, I issue a challenge:
I ask for any scientist(s) from industry / government to ‘humiliate’ me live ‘on-air’ with their expert knowledge by answering one question:
“What is the safe level of microwave irradiation for the ovarian follicles during the first 100 days development of the embryo?”
To date, not a single scientist will appear and face me.
I mention this because it is a question the Reader can ask any decision maker, school Principal / Governor etc.
Should any person provide the answer, the next statement is:
“Fine we will send it to a Leading Scientific Journal for independent Peer Review.” (With your research). (21)
Education need not suffer if Wi-fi is withdrawn world-wide. We have telephone lines fibre-optic cable.
The argument against these options is the cost. Compared to the future medical costs (forgetting the human cost), phone / fibre-cable shows to be a very cheap option.
3 Flowers Meadow
Devon TQ12 6UP
In UK – 01626 821014
World 00 44 1626 821014
September 1st 2013
(This Paper is copyright free)
Please note I have always worked free of charge and will represent any person in the world without cost. PLEASE SEE ADDENDUM
Addendum Recent Publications
Professors’ / Doctors’ Panagopoulos, Johnasson and Carlo describe in their (June 2013 Published) Paper how man-made electromagnetic waves (as used in the communications industry) can cause interference, hence induced oscillations, from these polarized waves. This in turn, can induce biological alterations and render the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) obsolete.
Man-made electromagnetic waves…they are polarized…
….can produce interference effect…This induced oscillation will be most intense on the free particles which carry a net electric charge…a part of its energy…is transferred to the charged / polar molecules of the medium…within biological tissue there will be additional energy absorption by the water dipoles…proteins, lipids or nucleic acids, which will also be forced to oscillate by the applied field.
…man-made EMF’s can produce severe biological alterations such as DNA damage without heating the biological tissue…may lead to cancer, neurodegenerative deceases, reproductive declines or even heritable mutations…conductivity varies for different tissues and different field frequencies..The relative permittivity of an adult brain is calculated to be around 40 while the corresponding value for a young child’s brain is between 60 and 80 resulting in almost double the radiation absorption and SAR…
…SAR offers no information at all with respect to frequency, waveform or modulation…(Ref (22))
Dr Dimitris Panagopoulos, Dep. of Biology, University of Athens also writes in his 2013 paper: Electromagnetic Interaction Between Environmental Fields and Living Systems Determines Health and Well Being:
Disturbances in the communication between individual body clocks can desynchronize the circadian system, which in turn may lead to unwellness, chronic fatigue, decreased performance, obesity, neuropsychiatric disorders, and the development of different diseases…
…endogenous electrical balance in living organisms cannot occur in the presence of unnatural man-made electromagnetic pollution….. GSM mobile phone radiation is found to cause DNA damage on insect reproductive cells (gametes) and adversely affect reproduction for intensities down to 1 microwatt per centimetre squared after only a few minutes exposure….. (Ref (23))
1. Professor John R. Goldsmith Possible Effects of Radiofrequency RadiationEnvironmental Health Perspectives
Sup. 6 Dec. 1997 P. 1580
2. Microwave News Children’s Brains are DifferentMay 3rd. 2010 P.3
3. Andrea Klein & Barrie Trower Wireless Laptops and Their Transmitters Using Microwaves in SchoolsP.3 (Undated)
4. NMRI AD750271 Research ReportMF12. 524.015-004B
Bethesda, Maryland, USA
5. WHO Biological Effects and Health Hazards of Microwave RadiationInternational Symposium, Warsaw, Poland (1973)
With US Dept of Health, Food and Drug Administration
6. Microwave Mind Control Mind Control and the UKChapter 4. Tim Rifat
7. Hennies Neitzke – Voight Mobile Telecommunications and Health Review of Current Scientific ResearchT-Mobile
April 2007 Section 7
8. US Defence Intelligence Agency DST 18105-076-76March 1976
NB: DST-18105-074-76 and ST-CS-01-169-72 also refer to this phenomena
9. Barrie Trower Most Confidential Report on the TETRA (Airwave) Communication SystemStrictly for the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS)
10. P. Phillips, L.Brown, B. Thornton US Electromagnetic Weapons and Human RightsCourse No. 11 Page 40
Sonoma State University
As a study of the History of US Intelligence Community Human Rights Violations and Continuing Research in Electromagnetic Weapons
Project Censored: Media Freedom Foundation
11. J. Simon C. Arthur MAPK Aclivation by Radio WavesMRC Protein Phosphoryiation Unit
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
DD4 5EH UK
Published by Journal of Biochemistry (405) e5 e6 2007
12. Barrie Trower http://www.magdahavas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Barrie Trower SA.pdf
13. Electromagnetic Fields from Mobile Phones: Health Effects on Children and TeenagersRussian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection
14. Private letters(available on internet) as titled and dated in text
15. C. Avendano, A. Mata, C.A Sanchez Sarmienta, G. Doncel Use of Laptop Computers Connected to Internet Through Wi-fi Decreases Human Sperm Motility and Increases Sperm FragmentationNascentis Medicina Reproductiva, Cordoba, Argentina
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia (2012)
16. Barrie Trower The Communications Industry is in the Position Where it is Sprialling out of any Person’s Ability to Control itAn Open Letter (undated)
17. Dr. Andrew Goldsworthy The Biological Effects of Weak Electromagnetic Fields Problems and SolutionsMarch 2012 P.14
18. Stuart Gallimore, Director of Children’s Services Personal Letter. Nick Gibb MPHouse of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
30 August 2011
19. Paul James Physicist: I’m Stopped From Seeing my MPMid Devon Advertiser
3.5.13 P. 13
20. Personal ConversationsI am with holding their private telephone numbers for privacy
21. Nature Publications Nature or Scientific American75, Varick Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10013-1917, USA
22. Dimitris J. Panagopoulos,Olle Johansson &
George L. Carlo
Evaluation of Specific Absorption Rate as a Domestic Quantity for Electromagnetic Fields Bioeffects4.6.2013 Pages i) 1 ii) 2 iii) 4 iv) 6
PLOS ONE June 2013 Vol 8 Issue 6 e62663
23. Dimitris J. PanagopoulosUniversity of Athens Electromagnetic Interaction Between Environmental Fields and Living Systems Determines Health and Well-BeingElectromagnetic Fields: Principles Biophysical Effects
Editors M.H Kwang and S.O Yoon
2013 Nova Sciences Publishers, Inc
Pages i) 20 ii) 35
Generation X’d Out: An end to the human race as we’ve known it
Generation X’d Out: An end to the human race as we’ve known it?
Generation X’d Out:
An end to the human race as we’ve known it?
Babies born to GENERATION X-RAY may be on the fast track to humanity’s genetic DEAD END.
The term “Generation X-ray” refers to youth addicted to communicating and recreating with wireless devices—cell phones, PDAs, WiFi computers and music/gaming equipment. These wireless devices emit high-frequency microwave radiation, recently demonstrated by European researchers to efficiently inflict the same horrific damage on human cells as X-radiation.
Surveys reveal that the average American child under 18 now spends several hours a day irradiating himself with his cell phone “toy.” Meantime, Swedish scientists report that children and teens who use cell phones are up to five times more likely than non-users to suffer glioma brain cancer. Gliomas are among the most difficult to treat and deadly of human cancers. Children who use cordless household phones have over four times the risk of developing brain tumors.
The far-reaching health hazards to children and teens from wireless technology are well-documented in part one of this Idaho Observer series: Generation X-ray: Child Victims of Technological Abuse. While the European Parliament and governments around the world are calling for stricter limits on wireless exposure for kids, Gen X-ray continues to ride the down escalator towards disintegrating health and premature death.
Most tragically, because our young people have received no official warning from U.S health agencies, they unknowingly micro-cook their sperm, ova and fetuses with a radiation known to be just as mutagenic and teratogenic as gamma wave radiation from nuclear fallout. The science is clear. Babies born to the hard-core wireless generation will suffer a high probability of genetic corruption from their very seed.
Scientists warn that a pregnant woman using a cell phone, with or without a headset or bluetooth device, could cause her to place the transmitting phone near her abdomen, exposing her baby to dangerous levels of microwave radiation. Both the pelvic structure and amniotic fluids promote the deep penetration of microwaves, which can be easily absorbed by the fetus.
By Amy Worthington
We see them everywhere now. Armies of American women of childbearing age roam dazed through shopping centers with transmitting cell phones pressed firmly to their heads. Often with forlorn pre-schoolers traipsing behind, these gals wander the aisles getting “stoned” on microwaves. The opiod-like “high” they glean from skull-piercing phone radiation is documented in animal studies to habituate like nicotine.1No one has told them that an extended cell phone “fix” enshrouds their bodies in high-frequency electromagnetic energy with potential to unleash devastating effects on both their living and future offspring.
Across America, young, uninsured, low-paid retail and service employees are required to wear powerful “push-to-talk” radios equipped with large, cackling antennas. Capable of propagating high frequency energy for miles at the speed of light, these devices are worn just millimeters away from delicate reproductive cells. Mega and gigahertz microwaves are documented to damage both sperm and ova. Yet, employers are not required by law to warn these exploited youngsters of possible reproductive damage.
Myriad office workers are encumbered with wireless blue tooth regalia, including headsets and remotes worn in pockets or on belt clips. Wireless “Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)” computer systems and “bluetooth” charging bases are part of the mix. Office blue tooth systems allow connectivity and freedom of movement, but for hours each day, workers swim in an invisible miasma of microwave frequencies. No law requires that workers be provided with up-to-date information on the possibility that this continuous exposure puts them at risk for miscarriages or deformed offspring.
Tower and rooftop antennas now heavily bombard college campuses, schools and playgrounds with modulating communications microwaves. Many classrooms and libraries are degraded with mind-numbing WiFi frequencies documented to short-circuit the nervous system, disrupt learning ability and impair sleep patterns. Wireless systems emit not only microwaves, but also a smorgasbord of extremely low frequencies (ELFs), shown in numerous studies to raise the risk of childhood leukemia and tumors later in life.2 Educators teach kids the platitudes of the day, but never discuss how years of captivity in radiation-toxic classrooms may make them sterile, or encumber their future with genetically damaged progeny.
DNA is the crux of the matter
For the sake of human survival, mankind must quickly master this critical fact: modern wireless technology is capable of causing the genetic destruction of humans as a species. Microwave radiation used for wireless communications and surveillance is extremely injurious to human DNA. It is therefore also destructive to both the human genome and the epigenetic chemical switches which control expression of the genes. Below is visual proof, as determined by the “REFLEX” studies, published in 2004 by the European Commission.
Slide one (top left) shows a normal healthy cell under magnification. This cell is a bright energetic little orb with its DNA and other genetic materials safely inside the cell membrane. It represents the cells of healthy, non-irradiated children of generations past.
Slide two (top right) shows a living cell exposed to 1600 chest X-rays. This cell is shrunken and has lost its energetic brightness. Trailing behind it are its genetic guts, spilling through the cell membrane as little particles that look like a comet trail against the dark background. These DNA fragments are called micronuclei, typical mutations from excessive X-rays, or from gamma waves of nuclear detonation.
Slide three (bottom) shows a cell exposed to 24 hours of cell phone radiation. This cell’s comet tail of micronuclei splat is identical to that of ionizing X-ray damage. The microwave frequency used by REFLEX scientists to micronucleate this cell was 1.8 gigahertz (1800 megahertz), comparable to 1.9 gigahertz frequency blasting from both personal wireless communications devices and the base stations which service them.
Besides the REFLEX work, there are an additional 17 published scientific papers documenting abnormal changes in DNA exposed to cell phone radiation and other frequencies in the microwave bands.3 Microwave radiation—defined as electromagnetic waves ranging from 300 million hertz to 300 billion hertz—brutalizes human cells by vibrating tissues at incredible speeds. The fragile molecules and chemical bonds of DNA cannot withstand being whipped back and forth at millions or billions of times per second. Microwaving the DNA could be described as a cellular version of “shaken baby syndrome.”
When communications microwaves splinter cellular DNA into a random trail of micronucleated carnage, chromosomes and the genes they carry are reduced to chaos. Chromosomes are the macromolecules containing the genetic information that controls human cellular and reproductive activity. In each double strand helix of human DNA there are 23 pairs of chromosomes, 22 pairs of autosomes and three billion pairs of nucleotide material. Miniscule damage to any of these intricate mechanisms can trigger significant genetic effects.
Three recent studies document the development of chromosomal aberrations following cell phone irradiation of living cells.4 This puts cell phone radiation on par with atomic bomb radiation, which is documented to cause chromosomal abnormalities in nuclear blast survivors. Radiation damage can range from complete DNA strand breaks to tiny point mutations, which are induced by changes in the chemical structure of the nucleotides.
Any virus, chemical or radiation that causes DNA/chromosome damage is a mutagen, defined as an agent which causes abnormal changes in the inheritable characteristics of animals or plants. A NATO military document states: “After irradiation, chromosomes appear to be ‘sticky’ with formation of temporary or permanent interchromosomal bridges, preventing normal chromosome separation during mitosis and transcription of genetic information.”5
Abnormal chromosome division results in abnormal nuclei in daughter cells. Therefore, the systematic microwave destruction of Generation X-ray’s DNA, including radical damage to chromosomes, is guaranteed to yield a bounteous harvest of sterility, spontaneous abortion (miscarriage), altered offspring sex ratios, embryo growth retardation, increased perinatal morbidity, fetal malformation, premature birth, low birth weight and cognitive dysfunction in infants.
Wireless radiation is repeating history
REFLEX studies confirm that a transmitting cell phone broadcasting microwaves into living tissue is essentially an X-ray machine in the context of DNA damage. Scientists say it requires only one DNA mutation to generate a cancer condition. Most tragically, a cancer condition can manifest in babies and very young children born with damaged DNA.
In the 1950s, Dr. Alice Stewart, a British pediatrician and epidemiologist, began studies to determine the cause of an alarming increase in childhood leukemia in Britain. At that time, fetuses were routinely X-rayed and Stewart suspected that the leukemia surge was connected to excessive prenatal radiation. Dr. Stewart’s research became a threat to the medical status quo and she was subjected to brutal criticism. She lost staff and funding, yet she continued gathering epidemiological evidence showing that a fetus exposed to ionizing radiation in the first three months of development was 10 times more likely to develop cancer or leukemia than a non-irradiated fetus.6 In 1962, Dr. Stewart’s work was vindicated by Dr. Brian MacMahon of the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. MacMahon’s studies found that cancer mortality was 40 percent higher in children born to women who had been X-rayed while pregnant.7
Nearly 20 years elapsed before the American public was sufficiently warned about the dangers of X-radiation during pregnancy. Experts fought for almost two decades to obtain a national standard recommending that pregnant women not be given pelvic or abdominal X-rays except for emergencies. Finally, in 1980, the FDA and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists launched a massive public education program warning of the dangers of pregnancy X-rays.
From 1957 to 1961, pregnant women were prescribed thalidomide for nausea; thalidomide was banned after being proven to be a teratogen (an agent or influence known to cause severe malformities in the developing embryo). The synthetic hormone diethylstilbestrol (DES) was given to pregnant women from 1938 to 1971 to prevent miscarriages. After DES was linked to the abnormal development of fetal sex organs, its use was discontinued.
Now here we go again with wireless microwaves. Thanks to powerful vested interests who use political power and a concerted information blackout to obscure the realities of science, millions of uninformed women expose their fetuses to unlimited amounts of near-field wireless radiation. None have been officially warned that microwaves are demonstrated in labs across the world to cause cellular and genetic damage identical to that of both ionizing radiation and dangerous chemicals.
What is most disheartening is that, commensurate with the rapid and basically unregulated deployment of wireless technology over the last two decades, our childhood cancer rates are off the scale. Cancer is the second leading cause of death in American children, superseded only by accidents. More school children will die of cancer than any other disease.
Are we cooking our eggs?
Perhaps no tissue in the human body is more radiation sensitive than the “granulosa” cells of the developing and mature ovarian follicles in human female ovaries. Human females are born with their eggs. The chemical or radiation damage sustained by these cells before women conceive absolutely determines the success of future pregnancies, as well as the health of babies. But how many school girls today understand that sitting with wireless computers on their laps exposes their ova to the equivalent of continuous X-radiation?
“Cell phones give off radiation any time they are turned on so that they can communicate with base stations,” says IOU Bloomfield, PhD, professor of physics at the University of Virginia.8 This means that even on stand-by, a cell phone emits imperceptible radio signals into the body of a woman wearing that phone near her ovaries.
Frequency tests show that cell phone radiation is the most powerful during the signaling phase. When the phone rings, it begins abruptly transmitting microwaves at a power density that may spike up to over 100 microwatts per centimeter squared (100uW/cm2). This near-field dose is at least 1,000 times higher than microwave power densities shown in laboratory tests to have numerous biological repercussions in animals and human beings. This dose is also 1,000 times higher than the maximum exposure limit currently recommended for humans by the 2007 BioInitiative Report. Leading scientists who contributed to this master work compiled hundreds of medical studies in order to arrive at a consensus recommendation that human exposure to pulsed microwaves be limited to no more than 0.1uW/cm2. 9
At greatest risk for microwave radiation damage is the mitochondrion organelle within each female egg cell. The mitochondrion is a tiny, membrane-enclosed “power plant” which generates the cell’s supply of chemical energy (ATP). Mitochondria are involved in a range of processes such as signaling, cellular differentiation and cell death, as well as controlling cell growth. Within each mitochondrion are up to one million molecules of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Once damaged, the mtDNA are incapable of repairing themselves due to their low histone protein content.
UK physicist and radiation expert Professor Barrie Trower explains how wireless microwaves can radically alter human genetics through mitochondrial damage: “Permanent low level microwave exposure induces chronic nitrosative and oxidative stress to human cells. The mitochondrial DNA is even more susceptible to this stress than the DNA in the cell nucleus and it can become irreversibly damaged. Damaged mtDNA causes mitochondropathy, which is transmitted by the maternal egg from mother to daughter through each succeeding generation forever. Mitochondropathy is at the root of many inheritable illnesses including MS, Parkinson’s, diabetes, arteriosclerosis, Alzheimer’s and cancer.”10
Each time a wireless device begins transmitting data near a woman’s ovaries, that radiation endangers the integrity of the mtDNA in egg cells slated to become embryos. Yet millions of girls and young women wear and utilize these wireless X-rayers near their reproductive organs with no informed concern whatsoever.
Don’t bank on “hot” sperm
Recent studies confirm that cell phone radiation can drastically affect male fertility. A 2004 Hungarian medical study of hundreds of men revealed that those who carried their mobile phones on stand-by throughout the day had a significantly lower than normal sperm count.11 Also in 2004, researchers found that the use of laptop computers can impair male fertility when prolonged use heats the testicles.12
Australian researchers have reported that the global service mobile (GSM) phone frequency of 900 megahertz has a “significant genotoxic effect on epididymal spermatozoa.”13 Epididymal spermatozoa are sperm cells stored in the epididymis after production in the testes. In 2005, German researchers found alterations in gonadal function of mice exposed to GSM cell phone radiation.14 By 2006, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine reported that men who use cell phones have poor quality sperm due to electromagnetic radiation emitted by the devices. Data confirms that all four parameters of sperm potency are affected: count, motility, viability and appearance.15
In 2007, researchers with the reproductive center at Glickman Urological Institute in Cleveland, Ohio, reported that a study of 361 infertile male patients showed cell phone users had decreased semen quality compared to non-users. The decrease in sperm quality was directly proportionate to the duration of wireless exposure. The longer the cell phone use each day, the worse the sperm.16 Sperm is incapable of repairing itself.
Researchers in India have now compiled so much compelling evidence of sperm damage from cell phone radiation that the Indian government is launching a five-year study to include research on how wireless microwaves affect reproductive health. The study will recruit 4000 human subjects.17
Damaged reproductive cells can make damaged babies
Like damaged ova cells, damaged sperm produced by millions of Generation X-rayers has the potential to make damaged babies. A NATO document states, “The motility of a cell may be decreased following irradiation. However, the presence of normal motility does not imply the absence of radiation injury. Irradiated spermatozoa, for example, may retain their motility and be capable of fertilization while carrying radiation-induced genetic changes which may alter subsequent embryogenesis.”18
Charles Muller, lab director of the Male Fertility Clinic at the University of Washington in Seattle concurs: “One of the scariest things we’re finding is that sperm DNA is damaged by even low levels of free radicals. Whereas high levels of damage lead to infertility, miscarriages or spontaneous abortions, low levels chew up the DNA but the sperm can still fertilize.”19 Radiation increases natural mutation rates because it is a major cause of free radical damage.
When chromosome damage to reproductive germ cells is slight and there is no actual loss of genetic material, the offspring will be viable. But the damage can become increasingly apparent in each successive generation. NATO experts note that radiation effects may be reflected in not only first generation offspring but also in subsequent generations. They confirm that mutations are “permanent in regards to future generations.”20 By 2002, British researchers announced that they had obtained a partial understanding of the mechanisms by which radiation damage can be inherited by generations down the line.21
Germane to the issue is growing evidence that many environmental factors experienced by previous generations can have a magnified effect on descendants decades later. For example, there appears to be a strong link between the diet of grandparents and both the diabetes rate and life expectancy of their grandchildren. Epigeneticists now believe that the ramifications of famine may actually be imprinted on human eggs and sperm.22 In 2005, California researchers reported that grandmothers who smoke are twice as likely to have grandchildren who develop childhood asthma.23
If diet and toxin anomalies in one generation can trigger transgenerational traits in progeny decades down the line, how devastating will be the effects of our microwave-rich environment on the offspring of the ultra-irradiated Generation X-ray? If diabetes and asthma can be passed down through the lifestyle habits of grandparents, what will be the penalty paid by Generation X’d Out, whose progenitors are now sustaining massive eye, ear, brain and reproductive damage from unfettered exposure to wireless products?
It may be a century (too late) before scientists fully understand the devastating ramifications of what was bequeathed to posterity, decades before they were born, by the uninformed consumers of today’s wireless world.
Pregnancy and electromagnetic frequencies don’t mix
A federal study released in 2000 revealed that about half of U.S. pregnancies result in a dead or less than healthy child.24 This report was derived from statistics gleaned before millions of our young people became habituated to DNA-compromising wireless technology. University of Washington studies showed reproductive changes in lab animals exposed to microwave radiation at far lower levels than that which the FDA allows cell phones to emit into the bodies of pregnant women.25 So today’s pregnancy health statistics may be much worse than those reported in 2000.
There are an estimated one million miscarriages in the U.S. every year. The two main causes of miscarriage are chromosomal abnormalities and problems in the intrauterine environment. Among the most potent environmental risks for miscarriage is not only ionizing radiation, but also non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation across the spectrum, especially microwaves. In the late ‘90s, French scientists confirmed that chick embryos exposed to cell phone radiation during their 21-day incubation period were five times less likely to survive than unexposed chicks.26
New Zealand radiation expert Dr. Neil Cherry wrote in 2000: “When all the studies are taken together, they form a comprehensive and compelling body of research to show that microwave exposure of mothers leads to a significant increase in early pregnancy miscarriage.”27 More recent studies have reported a correlation between spontaneous abortion and ELF magnetic field exposures. One of these was a survey of 900 pregnant women less than 10 weeks into pregnancy who wore a monitor to record their daily exposure to electromagnetic radiation between 40 and 800 hertz. Those with the higher peak exposure—over 16 milligauss—were found to have an 80 percent increase in the risk of miscarriage.28Wireless communications devices emitting pulsing microwaves also propagate a broad array of ELF electromagnetic frequencies, including 2, 8 and 217 hertz.
On August 22, 2008, ABC News affirmed that of the 23 richest countries in the world, the U.S. has the highest infant mortality rate. One third of infant deaths are due to premature birth, with one in eight U.S. babies born premature. Microwave radiation is indicted for causing both premature births and low fetal birth weight.29
Toxic chemicals + rays = double trouble
An exacerbating effect on America’s deplorable pregnancy statistics may be a deadly combination of both chemical and radiation toxicity during pregnancy. In 2005, a report by the Environmental Working Group revealed that unborn babies in the uterus are “soaking in a stew of chemicals.” Researchers had found 287 chemical contaminants in umbilical cord blood. Of those chemicals, 180 cause cancer in humans or animals, 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system and 208 cause birth defects in animals.30 It is not just industrial chemicals that threaten the unborn. Over 90 percent of the hundreds of medical drugs approved by the FDA between 1980 and 2000 have never been properly tested or labeled for their teratogenic potential.31
Such radical chemical contamination of the human species is especially dangerous in the wireless age because RF/microwaves are known to increase the effects of some chemical mutagens. A 1996 report from Belgium showed that close range exposure to microwaves emanating from wireless communications base stations increased the effects of a DNA-damaging agent on human blood cells, leading to increased chromosomal aberrations.32 A 2008 medical report from Iran says that mobile phone radiation causes the release of a significant amount of mercury into the mucous membranes of people with amalgam restorations (tooth fillings).33
Common sense tells us that a combination of toxic chemicals and toxic radiation can amplify damage to human tissues, especially in the fetus. While domestic and international exposure standards for wireless radiation are being debated in general, there are no standardized advisories on the subject available to the public. A 2005 paper on the sensitivity of children to electromagnetic fields, published by the Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, admits that studies of the effects of electromagnetic fields on pregnancy are completely inadequate.34 Therefore, pregnant women and their physicians are forced to adopt individual precautionary measures regarding both toxic chemical and wireless radiation exposure during pregnancy.
A history lesson is valuable here
Since the Cold War, the U.S. government has known that microwaves are genetically hazardous. Beginning in 1953 and continuing intermittently for about three decades, the Russian Soviets used microwaves to covertly attack the U.S. embassy staff in Moscow, Russia. The ongoing irradiation campaign affected about 1,800 employees and 3,000 dependents housed at the embassy during this period.35
The Russians targeted the U.S. embassy with 2.4 to 4.1 gigahertz, a range within the same realm of frequencies blasting from America’s wireless cell phones, in-house cordless phones, wireless computers, WiFi systems and cell towers. The Russians mainly used a power density of around five to 18 microwatts per square centimeter (5-18 uW/cm2).36
In the mid 1970s, a Johns Hopkins medical team under direction of Dr. Abraham Lilienfield was commissioned by the U.S. State Department to study the health effects of the Moscow irradiation on our embassy staffers. The draft report documented numerous symptoms of radiation poisoning, including immune system disorders, high white blood cell counts, chronic fatigue, blurred vision, cataracts and muscle aches. Information on cancer was deliberately withheld from the Lilienfield team, but it was later reported that cancer incidence among embassy staff was four times normal.37
Most individuals among the irradiated staff were protected by the stone structure of the embassy building and therefore they received an estimated average of only 0.19 uWatts/cm2. Nevertheless, reproductive problems among the irradiated Moscow personnel included abnormal red and white blood cells, above average chromosomal aberrations, higher than normal rates of miscarriage plus pregnancy complications.38Embassy staff with blood abnormalities were advised not to conceive children until six months after their somatic levels had returned to normal in a non-irradiated environment.39
It should also be noted that then U.S. State Department chief medical officer Herbert Pollack sanitized the conclusions of the Lilienfield report. The final report falsely concluded that no important health effects were associated with the embassy microwave exposure.40
Compare the adverse effects on U.S. Russian embassy personnel and their families exposed at mainly 0.19 microwatts/cm2 to current federal exposure guidelines. Depending on broadcast frequency, the federal government allows the telecom industry to deliver a maximum of 600 to 1000 microwatts/cm2 of communications radiation into populated areas across the nation. Adding insult to injury, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)–the single agency with authority to regulate the communications industry–has neither money, manpower nor motive to verify compliance with its dangerous exposure guidelines.
We can see the damage
An estimated one in 20 babies born in the U.S. each year has an obvious birth defect. That equates to about 200,000 babies per about four million live births annually. Many additional childhood defects and impairments can be subtle, requiring years to become apparent. Millions of parents now cope with often inexplicable child health problems, including severe allergies, diabetes, body weight abnormalities, plus serious eye, ear and skin conditions.
Perhaps the most alarming epidemic among our younger generations involves the increasing incidence of neurological and developmental delay disorders. The 2003 National Survey of Children’s Health found that one in five American children has a learning disability or attention deficit disorder. Studies through decades link these conditions to toxic environmental conditions, including microwave radiation exposure.41
A recent study of over 13,000 Danish women confirms that women who had used cell phones during pregnancy produced children who were 54 percent more likely to manifest hyperactivity and difficulties with conduct and emotion by the time they entered school. Coordinated by American and Danish scientists, this survey found that if children exposed to cell phone radiation in the womb later used cell phones themselves, they were 80 percent more likely to suffer behavior and emotional problems than children who were not exposed.42
In 2000, Dr. Ross Adey working at the University of California, Riverside, showed that pregnant rats exposed to Iridium cell phone radiation produced fetuses with significantly decreased brain activity, compared to non-exposed fetuses.43 The incidence of human autism, a complex affliction manifesting a broad spectrum of brain abnormalities, has increased dramatically since the wireless age began. Scientists say clues are accumulating that RF/microwave exposure could be an important but overlooked factor in the autism epidemic.44
There is also indication that the synergy between RF/microwave radiation and chemicals/metals may be involved in autistic disorders. A 2007 report on autistic children and electromagnetic exposure concluded that the impact of this radiation “could be direct by facilitating early clinical onset of symptoms or indirect, including trapping heavy metals in cells and both accelerating the onset of symptoms caused by heavy metal toxicity as well as impeding therapeutic clearing [of these metals].”45
In 2008, researchers announced that missing DNA snippets on chromosome 16 is a mutation that raises the risk of autism by 100 times. Some suspect that this aberration is the tip of the iceberg concerning genetic errors involved in the syndrome.46 It is generally agreed that such chromosome aberrations can occur before fertilization, which brings us back to chemical and/or radiation-damaged sperm and ova.
The powers-that-be don’t want this information made public
An impressive number of researchers through the decades have published studies linking RF/microwave radiation to adverse effects on genetics and reproduction, even at very low, non-thermal exposure rates. In 1997, Dr. John R. Goldsmith of Israel’s Ben-Gurion University published a historical compendium of such studies. Dr. Goldsmith noted that scientists had known for decades that the three major human effects of microwaves are spontaneous abortion, blood cell mutations and increased childhood cancers.47
When the results of RF/microwave-damning studies were published, “offending” scientists throughout the years have consistently found their research programs prematurely terminated, their careers derailed and their reputations defamed. This is the case of the brilliant and accomplished Dr. Henry Lai. Working at the University of Washington, Dr. Lai and his colleagues raised the ire of the wireless communications industry after reporting that microwaves at low exposure levels badly damage DNA. Lai was subsequently subjected to dirty politics and attempts to sabotage his career.48
When Dr. Jerry Phillips, under contract to Motorola in the ‘90s, published his findings that cell phone frequencies have an important biological impact on DNA, he too was threatened and ostracized by the wireless industry. Phillips had earlier discovered that radio frequency fields can influence the growth of tumors.
Today, almost all wireless health studies in the U.S. are funded by a tangled web of special interest groups which directly or indirectly profit from the wireless industry. These tainted, conflicted-interest studies routinely give wireless radiation a clean bill of health. “A lot of studies done right now are done purely as PR tools for the industry,” confirms Dr. Phillips.49
The wireless industry is enabled and subsidized by the U.S. government, which also has an array of economic and political reasons for obfuscating microwave health issues. The reality is, the feds and the wireless industry are up to their proverbial necks in liability if the potent teratogenicity of microwaves becomes widely understood. Therefore, those who increasingly microwave-pollute both military and civilian populations have thus far demonstrated their willingness to “lie and deny” regarding the dangers of RF/microwaves.
Author Paul Brodeur wrote in The Zapping of America that the “…government and the military have long suppressed information about true genetic effects of microwaves in human beings and covered up a number of potentially embarrassing situations in which such effects have been observed.”50
Babies have been sacrificed to protect the Establishment
One such situation was the Fort Rucker affair of the early 1970s.51 At the time, Fort Rucker in Alabama had 46 radar installations within 30 miles of the base. Aviation radar technology, such as that emitting from Fort Rucker at the time, employs many bands of high frequency microwaves. In 1971, an expert with the University of Alabama discovered that a startling number of newborns delivered at the base hospital suffered congenital abnormalities, including club foot, cleft palate, genital, heart and respiratory problems. There was also a high fetal death rate. About the same time, researchers discovered a high fetal death rate near Elgin Air Force Base in Florida, another aviation base with a massive concentration of radar installations.
A preliminary report on the Fort Rucker birth defect cluster completed by the Southern Research Institute for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency urged follow-up studies to determine how prenatal deaths and infant birth defects correlate with parental microwave exposure at aviation bases. Such a study was warranted because nearly a decade earlier, researchers at Johns Hopkins had found an apparent association between radar exposure and Down’s Syndrome.52
Rather than acknowledge a possible radiation link to myriad illnesses among civilian and military personnel, or act to prevent irresponsible exposure, military networks derailed the investigation and quashed preliminary study results. In describing the devious chicanery of military brass in stopping the Fort Rucker investigation and discouraging future studies, Brodeur wrote that the case “…shows the lengths to which the military establishment will go to ignore the genetic effects of exposure to microwave radiation.”
Brodeur warned, “Above all, it provides a warning in bold relief to the Congress and to the American people. A national policy which gives the Department of Defense the power to control or thwart scientific research on the biological effects of microwaves is a policy that allows the fox to guard the chicken coop and make test animals of us all.”53
Thirty years later the fox still rules
And test animals we certainly are. The United States now has about 2 million licensed cellular communications installations and antennas blanketing the nation with pulsed data transmission microwaves. Wireless communications antennas operate in the same electromagnetic spectrum as radar antennas. Radar emissions can range from 3 megahertz to 110 gigahertz, which includes the numerous bands used for cell phone and other wireless services. Before the wireless revolution, radar exposure was contained mostly to military installations and airport areas. Now mobile communication installations expose nearly everyone to massive, incessant doses of chromosome-damaging energy within the radar spectrum.
The wireless industry says that it must continue to increase its nationwide network of microwave antennas in our neighborhoods, commercial centers, parks and school zones. It says that the emergence of broadband services— which enable cell phone video/gaming/music plus data downloads for e-mail and business applications—demands ever more network capacity.54 To meet increasing consumer demand for an evolving array of third generation wireless products and services, the industry says it is dividing its service areas into smaller cells, requiring more transmitters in tighter spaces. Service providers are reducing the height of existing antenna poles, while rushing to attach thousands of new antennas to buildings and structures of all kinds, even utility poles. Meanwhile, WiMAX promoters are setting up powerful new WiFi networks across the nation.
If informed Americans cannot reverse this trend, eventually no one anywhere will escape a tsunami of a pernicious, mutagenic radiation that permeates and punishes our bodies 24 hours a day. The FCC admits it has expertise in neither health matters nor radio engineering. It’s current and notorious exposure standards were developed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), which bills itself as the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology.
Louis Slesin, publisher of Microwave News states: “Essentially, the users of RF and microwave technology—the military, its contractors and the communications industry—wrote the IEEE RF standard. For example, of the two co-chairs of the committee that developed the most recent safety standard, one works for Motorola and the other for the U.S. Navy and the Air Force. What are the odds that the safety standard serves their interests? I’d bet the ranch on it!”55 Betting the ranch is one thing, but wagering the lives of millions of fetuses and infants on FCC’s outdated RF/microwave exposure guidelines is genocidal. Scientists across the globe are adamant that these self-serving guidelines are scientifically indefensible, extremely dangerous and must be immediately and drastically revised.56
Is ultrasound not so sound?
In addition to incessant wireless radiation exposure, most fetuses are now routinely scanned several times during gestation by medical ultrasound imaging equipment. Scant weeks after a human embryo is implanted in-utero, at a time when the newly united cells are the most vulnerable, medical personnel engage in an ultrasound inquisition to determine its gestational age. A vaginal probe is often used to position a high frequency sound transducer as close as possible to the tiny new life form.
Ultrasound technology vibrates a fetus with mechanical pressure waves at millions of cycles per second. A scan can last up to one hour. The power density used is around 720 milliwatts/cm2—eight times the power density allowed prior to 1993.57 Secondary vibrations inherent in ultrasound waves are said to produce intrauterine noise as loud as 100 decibels, despite the fact that noise levels over 85 decibels are designated as harmful to human hearing. The fetus reportedly hears an ultrasound scan at a high pitch which is, comparatively speaking, as loud as a train pulling into a station.58
The ultra powerful Doppler ultrasound equipment is especially brutal. One minute of Doppler is equal to 35 minutes of non-Doppler imaging. Doppler is often used on pregnant women transvaginally. Often employed for monitoring fetal circulation, Doppler equipment has potential to produce biologically significant temperature hikes in both bone and tissue interfaces.59 One report notes that brain structures lying close to the fetal skull, such as the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus, are at special risk of over-heating, while on-screen temperature safety indexes can give false temperature readings.60
Powerful 3-D and 4-D ultrasound equipment, which can produce cuddly 3-dimensional images, is used by opportunists to create fetal “portraits” and videos for profit.61 These merciless, inflammation-producing scanning sessions can last up to 90 minutes. The FDA warns that such frivolous use of ultrasound is dangerous, but critics complain that the agency has yet to enforce a ban on this commercial exploitation of the fetus.
In 1999, Irish researchers found that a 15-minute, 8 megahertz ultrasound scan of mice produced abnormal rate of cell division and abnormal cell death. Among these researchers was Dr. Patrick Brennan who suspects that the scans may be damaging human fetal DNA, resulting in a delay of cell division and repair, or in the switching on of a tumor suppressor gene that controls cell death.62
In 2004, Pasko Rakic, chairman of the Neurobiology Department at Yale University, reported disruption of the normal migration of cells in the brains of fetal mice following ultrasound scans. Brain cells failed to grow into their proper positions and remained scattered in incorrect parts of the brain.63 A number of other studies have established a possible correlation between prenatal ultrasound exposure and dyslexia, delayed speech development, reduced birth weight and non-right handedness.64 Left-handedness is statistically linked to many cognitive and developmental problems, ranging from learning difficulties to autism and epilepsy.
There are reports that the FDA has failed to ensure that medical sonographers are properly trained. Ultrasound expert Dr. Jacques Abramowicz of Rush University is quoted as saying that only two to three percent of ultrasound technicians understand the complexities of thermal and mechanical indexes.65 While the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM) denies negative biological effects of ultrasound on fetuses, it admits to the possibility that negative outcomes may be identified in the future. No one yet knows to what extent our devastating rates of childhood diabetes, allergy and learning impairment may be rooted in over-use of fetal monitoring by poorly trained technicians.
This 2005 photo ran with an article in the UK Guardian
describing how this microwave-emitting electronic “tag”
was sold to British mothers as a deterrent for abduction.
America’s infants are on the wireless frontline
Medical researchers from Italy’s University of Siena Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine reported that extremely low frequency (ELF) electrical currents given off by modern hospital incubators can interfere with newborns’ heart rates. The study, published in May, 2008, showed that ELF waves increase neonates’ risk for sudden infant death syndrome. The magnetic fields from these ELF waves were found to cut the “variability” of infant heart rates in half.
Heart rate variability is healthy and shows that the nervous system is working correctly. Variability reduction, on the other hand, is known to be an indicator of heart disease, arrhythmia and stroke. The Italian study warns that interfering with heart rate variability can hinder nervous system development and recommends that incubator manufacturers take steps to shield babies from electrical fields caused by motors and fans.66
How bizarre, then, is the fact that hospitals throughout U.S. are clamping high frequency radio tracking devices on the appendages of at least one million American newborns each year. High frequency radio “tags” are an accoutrement of so-called “infant protection” systems peddled by XMark Corporation of Ontario, Canada.67XMark is a subsidiary of the infamous VeriChip Corporation which markets the injectable VeriChip ID tag for humans. (See “Microchip implants cause fast-growing malignant tumors in lab animals,” for a report on the cancer-causing effects of implanted ID chips.)
XMark offers two types of in-hospital tracking systems for newborns: “Hugs” and “Halo.” Medical institutions participating in these programs must transform their maternity wards into RF/microwave “hot” zones, complete with a grid of wireless sensors linked to computers capable of processing information from numerous transmitters simultaneously.
The Hugs system includes a mommy transmitter dubbed “Kisses.” Mother-and-child transmitters are programmed to work in sync so mom can recognize her child from his high frequency signals, which mesh with hers in an electronic lullaby. XMark promotional literature mentions nothing about the physiological effects of Hugs’ radio waves, which zap newborns with repetitive micro-blasts of 217 million hertz.
The horrendous Halo transmitters propagate a whopping 433.92 million hertz, a frequency officially within the microwave realm. Halo radio tags for newborns are part of a wireless system programmed to deactivate automatic doors and elevators while the location and identity of staff and infants are instantly transmitted to command headquarters. The 433.92 megahertz employed by the Halo system is endorsed by the Department of Defense (DOD) as its active RFID standard. This frequency is used for a variety of DOD tracking and surveillance modalities.68
Infant tracking is a radiation-rich glimpse into the portals of a Star Wars medical world which purports to make newborns “safe” by blasting them with continuous torrents of dangerous high frequencies. Microwave radiation is classified as a “chronic” poison by the National Institutes of Health.69 Yet, Orwellian infant tracking systems such as Halo have been approved by the FDA with neither pre-market health research nor follow-up studies needed to assess the long term effects of such prolonged electromagnetic assault on infant immunity, neurological development and circulatory health.
Many babies are condemned to radiation-toxic homes
When an infant escapes his hospital transmitter, he may be taken to a home where wireless reigns. These days a baby’s first habitat may be a den of electromagnetic wave pollution gushing from wireless computer systems, microwave ovens, gigahertz baby monitors, home security systems and the nefarious, always-broadcasting Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone (DECT) bases.
Baby’s home may also be near communications transmitters which spew into his neighborhood–into his very bassinet–a torrent of microwave radiation heard as a high pitched scream by audio detection equipment. Microwave frequencies emitted 24/7 by neighborhood transmitters pass easily through most construction materials to enter dwellings, then resonate off objects to reverberate into human flesh.
While still toddlers, the children of Generation X-ray will likely be encouraged to use cell and cordless household phones, devices which will deeply infiltrate tiny skulls with additional mega-doses of electro-dissonance. A most troubling aspect is the 2005 medical study completed in India which found that adults exposed to as little as one hour of cell phone radiation per day have an average of 40 to 60 percent of their cells manifesting damaged DNA.70
What tragedies lurk in the future for Generation X-ray’s children who bear subtle DNA aberrations from before conception, then sustain additional DNA damage during their formative years in a full-throttle wireless world? How many generations can sustain 40-60 percent DNA damage before humanity becomes so genetically compromised that it is literally threatened with extinction?
Is the global wireless revolution a population reduction project?
There is an intriguing possibility that the global torrent of ever-increasing wireless radiation might be an important link in a furtive master plan to drastically reduce the world’s population. We have a number of important clues that microwaves could be used as an effective form of contraception, administered covertly to the world’s masses through seductive technological means.
Research has shown that rodents exposed to cell phone radiation have less testosterone in their bloodstreams, resulting in diminished sexual activity.71 In 2008, a public health agency in Norway published a study of navy personnel exposed to radio frequency electromagnetic radiation. It showed that the greater the exposure to this radiation, the higher the prevalence of involuntary childlessness.72
Greek researchers studying the effects of radio frequency on rodent reproduction placed groups of mice in strategic locations to ensure their irradiation from a broadcasting RF antenna farm. Mice who received less than 1 microwatt/cm2 had a progressive decrease in newborns and became irreversibly sterile after five generations. The mice receiving a tad over 1 microwatt/cm2 regressed to sterility after only three generations.73
A most interesting clue comes from a 1985 Chinese study titled “Effects of Microwave Contraception on Human Serum Testosterone and Luteinizing Hormone.” The study was conducted on human males and the abstract states that “…the microwave dose used for contraception seems to cause damage in Leydig cell function….and then influence(s) endocrine function of testis.”74 It is not clear from this report exactly what microwave dose was found by the Chinese to be contraceptive. But the fact that today’s cell phone radiation is widely documented as damaging, even lethal to human sperm cells, suggests that our dangerously high emission and exposure standards could have been set specifically for their potent contraceptive potential.
Greek researchers at the University of Athens confirmed in 2006 that GSM 900 and 1800 (digital) megahertz radiation has a radical impact on the ability of living creatures to reproduce. These frequencies are within the realm of wireless radiation being broadcast across America for mobile services. The drosophila (fruit fly) was chosen for this study because the insect’s cellular processes are identical to those of humans. Only a few minutes of exposure to this cell phone radiation per day—at power intensities now common in our environment—cut the insects’ ability to reproduce by 60 percent. Both sexes were affected.
Of great importance was the finding that exposed male flies suffered DNA fragmentation in their gonadal cells and the females showed induced cell death in a large number of their ovarian egg chambers. The researchers warned, “…Digital mobile telephony radiation nowadays exert an intense biological action able to kill cells, damage DNA or decrease dramatically the reproductive capacity of living organisms.”75
Chilling is the possibility that there might exist a mindset among ruling elites that humans who make it through the gauntlet of pre-conception radiation and radiation-induced spontaneous abortion should have their lives drastically shortened to spare societies the economic burden of elderly people.
Governments and the wireless communications industry stampeding humanity into compulsory and continuous wireless exposure are undoubtedly apprised of the hundreds of medical studies demonstrating that low level communications microwaves not only initiate, but also nourish and promote human cancers.76 The perpetrators must also be aware of the widespread circulatory and cardiac damage being unleashed by the wireless revolution. Cell phone radiation quickly causes red blood cells to clump together and also to leak hemoglobin. These abnormal blood conditions can precipitate heart disease, kidney stones and strokes.77
A recent medical study found that both fetuses and newborns exposed to cell phone radiation while their mothers conversed for 10 minutes experienced significant increases in heart rate and worrisome decreases in cardiac output.78 Thus we see that the wireless age endangers the life blood, even the very hearts of the tiny ones fated to be born as “Generation X’d Out.”
What can we do to save the babies?
An amoral and ravenous congressional-military-industrial complex has groomed the youngsters of Generation X-ray to become hard-core patriots of wireless technology in the same ruthless way the asbestos and tobacco industries seduced and murdered generations past. The Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) boasts on its website that teenagers, defined as a “huge consumer market segment,” are currently pumping $100 billion a year into the industry’s coffers.79
Deceived and used as pawns, our youngsters are left utterly ignorant concerning the devastating wireless radiation hazards to themselves and their posterity. When young people are told about the hazards of anything, they traditionally discard the facts and pursue their chosen avenues of self gratification as predictable acts of rebellion.
Generation X-ray is no different in its obsession with wireless conveniences; it seems content to live in a self-absorbed universe devoid of logic, critical thinking and accountability. Many youth appear incapable of caring about future generations. We are no longer a nation of healthy free-thinkers, but a nation of obsessive, sickly phone button punchers, virtual game players and compulsive text messengers.
Given the science, such ignorance and apathy ensures that millions of new and innocent lives are destined for cruel suffering and impairment. Thanks to a silent but violent electromagnetic enemy that is destroying their fragile DNA, newborns tumbling into our barbaric wireless age are creatures of a zillion possibilities of chromosomal disarray, including nervous system damage, deformed limbs, endocrine disruption and unhinged metabolic function.
Yet, hopefully, some of our young people planning to bear children are still morally and intellectually able to comprehend and act upon the latest scientific information gathered for this paper. We can also hope that older parents and grandparents apprised of these facts will exert their influence to protect the genetics of their progeny. Those who want healthy babies must take the minimal following steps:
1. Accept the well-documented fact that microwave radiation from wireless devices is as mutagenic, teratogenic and dangerous to fetuses and infants as ionizing X-radiation and gamma waves.
2. Never wear or use any wireless device near reproductive organs. If you are female and have been exposing your ovaries to years of near-field wireless radiation, think carefully before you decide to become pregnant. If you are a male, and plan to father children, make sure that you stop using wireless devices well in advance of fertilization to reduce the chance of procreation with damaged sperm.
3. Learn to test your personal environment for wireless microwave contamination. If you are pregnant or plan to be, remove yourself from microwave-contaminated areas at any cost. Never stand near a microwave oven when pregnant, as all such ovens leak radiation and can affect a large area.
4. Prudent avoidance of routine pregnancy ultrasound scans is the best policy, says Internet health advisor Dr. Joseph Mercola. These scans should be used only in the event of medical necessity, he advises.
5. Refuse to have your newborn radio-tagged by your birthing hospital. Since a tracking system requires a fog of ambient RF/microwave radiation which could affect even non-tagged infants, it is prudent to choose a hospital which does not employ wireless systems in the maternity ward, or have your baby at home.
6. Make sure that your infant is nurtured in a microwave-free home. Remove all DECT cordless phones, wireless security systems, wLAN wireless communications systems and microwave ovens. Never microwave-heat infant formulas or food.
7. Make sure that cell tower or roof top communications antennas are not poisoning your home. If you discover that your neighborhood lies in the down beam of microwave antennas, which are saturating the interior of your home with a dangerous carcinogen, either take steps to apply expensive radiation barrier materials, or move to a radiation-free zone.
8. Never use any wireless device while near an infant or young child. Drastically reduce the use of all personal wireless devices, and reserve their use for emergency communication. The more people use cell phones in their homes, the more transmitters will be placed in our neighborhoods.
9. Retain your home and office landlines. Telecom companies are using pricing incentives to encourage the elimination of landline connections because air interface is more profitable. Unless we can educate enough people in time, our options for safe landline communications may vanish, leaving our kids at even more risk.
The scientific evidence is massive and irrefutable. Our little ones face a lifetime of disability, pain and deprivation from ever-increasing torrents of man-made, commercial radiation capable of destroying human genetic integrity. If you believe that humanity should NOT be reduced to a species of genetic freaks on the way to extinction, assist the radiation awareness movement by doing your own research and then sharing with others the documented information on wireless hazards to human DNA.
There is no time to waste while confronted with the life-and-death issues associated with the brazen wireless radiation assault upon our kids. Our mission requires persistence, patience and sacrifice. It is high time that we speak up and take action now—for the sake of the helpless and the unborn. What we do and say today will hugely affect generations to come.
Notes for Generation X’d Out
Note: For the latest report from Professor Lennart Hardell concerning the 5-fold risk of brain tumors in kids who begin using mobile phones in childhood see: “Mobile Phone Use ‘Raises Children’s Risk of Brain Cancer Fivefold’,” The Independent, UK, 9-21-2008. Hardell is with the Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden. For the latest cancer statistics on American kids, see CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, published bi-monthly by the American Cancer Society.
1. “Mobile Phone Users ‘Addicted to Radiation,’” Observer, UK, 3-14-1999. Mobile radiation stimulates a morphine-like chemical in the brain: “The mobile high is triggered by endorphins released in the brain when microwave radiation from the phone enters the ear.”
2. “Key Scientific Evidence and Public Health Policy Recommendations,” Dr. David O. Carpenter and Cindy Sage, Prepared for the BioInitiative Working Group,BioInitiative Report, July 2007, p. 7.
3. An in-depth report on the REFLEX project can be found online: Health and Electromagnetic Fields: EU-funded research into the Impacts of Electromagnetic Fields and Mobile Phones on Health published by the European Commission, 02-29-2008. A list of the 17 additional DNA studies can be found at microwavenews.com. See September 3, 2008 issue of Microwave News.
4. Find references for these three chromosome studies at: microwavenews.com. See September 3, 2008 issue of Microwave News.
5. NATO Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defensive Operations, Chapter five, “Biophysical and Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation,” Section III, 511.
6. “Survey of Childhood Malignancies,” Stewart, et al., British Medical Journal(1958), p. 1495. Also: “Radiation Dose Effects in Relation to Obstetrics, X Ray and Childhood Cancer,” Alice Stewart and George W. Kneale, Lancet 1 (1970): 1185-1187.
7. “Prenatal X-ray Exposure and Childhood Cancer,” Brian MacMahon, Journal of the National Cancer Institute 28 (1962): 1173.
8. “Dr. Bloomfield quoted in “The Cell Tolls for Thee,” J. Evans, 08-06-2008, Best Life, fourwinds10.com.
9. BioInitiative Report: A Rationale for a Biologically-based Public Exposure Standard for Electromagnetic Fields, September 2007. See “Summary for the Public and Conclusions.”
10. Professor Barrie Trower from personal correspondence with the author.
11. “Cell Phone Use Can Reduce Sperm Count,” M. Frith, The Independent, Uk. 06-27-2004.
12. “Laptops Can Damage Male Fertility,” M. Hachman, Extreme Tech, 12-09-2004.
13. “Impact of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation on DNA Integrity in the Male Germline,” R. Aitken, et. al, University of Newcastle, Australia, October 2004. Also: “Mobile Phone Radiation Fries Sperm—Study,” T. McLean, Australian Associated Press, 10-20-2008.
14. “Effects of 1800 MHz GSM-like Exposure on the Gonadal Function and Haematological Parameters of Male Mice,” Forgacs Z, et.al, FGF-Infoline, 03-11-2005.
15. “Men Who Use Mobile Phones Face Increased Risk of Infertility,” J. Hope, London Daily Mail, 10-23-2006.
16. “Effect of Cell Phone Usage on Semen Analysis in Men Attending Infertility Clinic,” A. Agarwal et. al, Fertility and Sterility, May 3, 2007.
17. “Can Mobiles Make You Infertile?” The Times of India, 6-11-2008.
18. NATO Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defensive Operations, Chapter five, “Cellular Effects of Ionizing Radiation” Section III, 508.
19. Muller quoted: “A Man’s Shelf Life,” M. Teich, Psychology Today, Sept-Oct. 2007.
20. NATO Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defensive Operations, Chapter five, “Cellular Effects of Ionizing Radiation” Section III, 512.
21. “Study: Radiation Damage May Be Inherited,” Associated Press, 05-02-2002.
22. Discussion of epigenetics: Ghost in Your Genes, Nova and WGBH, 2006, as seen on public television. Also: “Imprint of Famine Seen in Genes of Second World War Babies 60 Years On,” M. Henderson, Times Online, 10-28-2008.
23. “Grandmothers’ Smoking Linked To Grandchildren’s Asthma Decades Later,” Science Daily, 05-06-2005.
24. “Shocking Pregnancy Statistics,” Joel Sol, http://www.rense.com, 05-02-02. This statistic was in a press release from the National Research Council of the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine, June 2000.
25. Neurological Effects of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation, a paper presented by Dr. Henry Lai at the Mobile Phones and Health Symposium, in Vienna, Austria, October 25-28, 1998. also: Dr. Lai: “Biological Effects of Radiofrequency Radiation from Wireless Transmission Towers.” This report is Chapter three in Cell Towers: Wireless Convenience or Environmental Hazard? The Berkshire-Litchfield Environmental Council, Edited by B. Blake Levitt, 2000.
26. “Mobile Phones Warning to Pregnant Women,” The Telegraph, UK, 06-28-1998.
27. Cherry on Safe Exposure Levels, Dr. Neil Cherry, Lincoln University, 2000. Some of the studies listed by Dr. Cherry include: Vaughan et al (1984), Taskinen et al. (1990), Lindbohm et al. (1992) and Quellet-Hellstrom and Stewart (1993.)
28. “A Population-Based Prospective Cohort Study of Personal Exposure to Magnetic Fields During Pregnancy and the Risk of Miscarriage,” Li De-Kun et al.,Epidemiology, 2002; 13:09-22.
29. Criticism of the Proposal to Adopt the ICNRP Guidelines for Cellsites in New Zealand, ICNIRP Guideline Critique, Dr. Neil Cherry, Lincoln University, 10/02/99. See section on reproductive outcomes, pp. 21-31.
30.”Unborn Babies Soaked in Chemicals, Survey Finds,” Maggie Fox, Reuters, http://www.rense.com, 07-14-05.
31.”Teratogenicity of Recently Introduced Medications in Human Pregnancy,” W. Lo et al., Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2002;100:465-473.
32. “954 MHz Microwaves Enhance the Mutagenic Properties of Mitomycin C,” Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis, Vol. 28, Issue 1 pp. 26-30, 12-21-1998.
33. “Mercury Release from Dental Amalgam Restorations after Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Following Mobile Phone Use,” S. Mortazavi et al., Pak J. Biol Sci, 11(8): 1142-6, April 15, 2008.
34. “The Sensitivity of Children to Electromagnetic Fields,” L. Kheifets et al, Pediatrics, Vol. 116, No. 2 August 2005, pp. 303-313.
35. Evaluation of Health Status of Foreign Service and Other Employees from Selected Eastern European Posts, National Technical Information Service, A. Lilienfield, PB288-163 (1978). Professor Abraham Lilienfield, head of the Epidemiology Department at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, completed this study of the Moscow irradiation project for the U.S. State Department.
36. Probable Health Effects Associated with Mobile Base Stations in Communities: the Need for Health Studies, Dr. Neil Cherry, Lincoln University, NZ, August 2002.
37.”Cancer Risks from Microwaves Confirmed,” Dr. Mae-Wan Ho, Institute of Science in Society, 05-24-2007.
38. Cherry on Safe Exposure Levels, Dr. Neil Cherry, op. cit.
41. Neurological Effects of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation, Lai, op. cit. This paper contains an excellent discussion of laboratory studies showing damage to brain cells, plus memory deficits and learning disabilities due to microwave exposure.
42. “Warning: Using a Mobile Phone While Pregnant Can Seriously Damage Your Baby,” G. Lean, The Independent UK, 5-18-2008.
43. “Fetal Rat Brain Ornithine Decarboxylase (ODC) Activity and Polyamine Levels Following Exposures to Iridium Cell Phone Fields in Late Pregnancy,” Ross Adey, Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Riverside. This presentation was delivered February 4, 2000 at the Bioelectromagnetics Society.
44. “A Possible Association Between Fetal/Neonatal Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation and the Increased Incidence of Autism Spectrum Disorder,” R. Kane, Medical Hypothesis, Vol. 62, Issue 2, pp. 195-197, February 2004.
45. “Wireless Radiation in the Etiology and Treatment of Autism: Clinical Observations and Mechanisms,” T. Mariea and G. Carlo, J Aust Coll Nutr and Env Med, Vol 26, No. 2, August 2007.
46. “Rare Genetic Glitch Hikes Risks of Autism,” AP/MSNBC, 01-09-2008.
47. “Epidemiologic Evidence Relevant to Radar (Microwave) Effects,” John Goldsmith, Environmental Health Perspectives Vol. 105, Supplement 6, 12-01-1997.
48. “Wake-up Call,” R. Harrill, Columns, University of Washington Alumni Magazine, March 2005.
49. Phillips quoted: “Is Her Cell Phone Safe?”, R.Cribb and T. Hamilton, TheStar.com, 11-07-2005.
50. The Zapping of America, Paul Brodeur, 1977. See Chapter 11: The Genetic Time Bomb.
52. “Radiation Exposure of Parents of Children with Mongolism,” A. Sigler et al., Johns Hopkins Hospital Bulletin, 117:374.39 (1965).
53. The Zapping of America, op. cit. pp. 149-150.
54. CITA website: “Why Wireless Antenna Siting is Important,” http://www.ctia.org.
55. “An Interview with Louis Slesin,” by the Institute for Inquiry, Box 335, Davenport, California.
56. BioInitiative Report op. cit. See “Summary for the Public and Conclusions.”
57. “Conflicts of Interest: Understanding the Safety Issue Around Prenatal Ultrasound,” M. Fuller and J. Eaton, 06-02-2005. Find this article at vaclib.org.
58. “Fetuses Can Hear Ultrasound Examinations,” New Scientist, 12-04-2001.
59. “Conflicts of Interest: Understanding the Safety Issue Around Prenatal Ultrasound,” op. cit.
60. “Sensitivity to Diagnostic Ultrasound in Obstetrics,” S.B. Barnett and G. Kossoff, eds., Safety of Diagnostic Ultrasound (Carnforth, UK: Parthenon Publishing, 1998).
61. “FDA Concerned About Scrapbook Ultrasounds,” M. Mendoza, AP, 03-27-2004.
62. “Ultrasound Linked to Brain Damage,” R. Matthews, The Sunday Telegraph, UK, 10-01-2001.
63. “Ultrasound Can Affect Brain Development,” AP, 08-07-2006.
64. “Ultrasound Safety Review Over Brain Damage Fears,” R. Matthews, The Telegraph, UK, 12-15-2001. Also: “Ultrasound Scans May Disrupt Fetal Brain Development,” New Scientist, 12-10-2001. A Swedish research team found a 32% higher rate of left-handedness among males whose mothers had been ultrasound scanned in the 1970s.
65. Dr. Abramowicz quoted in: “Conflicts of Interest: Understanding the Safety Issue Around Prenatal Ultrasound,” M. Fuller and J. Eaton, 06-02-2005.
66. “Increasing the Engine-mattress Distance in Neonatal Incubators: A Way to Decrease Exposure of Infants to Electromagnetic Fields,” C. V. Bellieni, et al, University of Siena, Italian Journal of Pediatrics, 2003; 9:74-80.
67. See XMark.com; Also: “From the Ground Up, Building Patient and Staff Security into a New Hospital,” S. Elder, HC&O News, September/October 2006.
68. “US Department of Defense, ‘Endorses’ Active RFID Standard,” A. Gonzalez, ARC Advisory Group, 12-01-2006.
69. Haz-Map: Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Agents, National Institutes of Health (2008). Both ionizing radiation and microwaves are listed under the chronic poison category as causes of occupational cataracts. See section titled: “Cataract, chemical or radiation induced.”
70. “Genetic Damage in Mobile Phone Users: Some Preliminary Findings,” Ghandi, G., Indian J Hum Genetics, 2005, 11:99-104.
71.”Beware–Using A Mobile Phone Can Ruin Your Sex Life,” Sunday Mirror, 04-16-2000.
72. “Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields: Male Infertility and Sex Ratio Offspring,” V. Baste et al, Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Norway, Eur J Epidemiology, 04-16-2008.
73. “RF Radiation-induced Changes in the Prenatal Development of Mice.” Magras, IN, Xenos, TD, Bioelectromagnetics 18 (6); 455-461, 1997.
74. “Effects of Microwave Contraception on Human Serum Testosterone and Luteinizing Hormone,” Hu et al, Shengzhi Yu Biyun, May 1985; 5 (2) 32-4.
75. “Mobile Telephony Radiation Effects On Living Organisms,” D. Panagopoulos and L.Margaritis, Department of Cell Biology, University of Athens. This report is Chapter three in Mobile Telephones: Networks, Applications, and Performance, Nova Science Publishers, 2008. See also the study’s abstract: “Cell Death Induced by GSM 900-MHz and DCS 1800-MHz Mobile Telephony Radiation,” 2006.
76. “Summary of the ECOLOG Study for T-Mobile, 2000,” www.hese-project.org. In 2000, upon commission by T-Mobile, the independent Ecolog Institute in Germany gathered 220 peer-reviewed and published papers documenting cancer-initiating and cancer-promoting effects of high frequency electromagnetic fields used by mobile telephone technology.
77. “Scientists Add Kidney Damage to the List of Mobile Phone Ills,” S. Harris, Daily Mail, UK, 12-13-1999.
78. “Fetal and Neonatal Responses Following Maternal Exposure to Mobile Phones,” A. Rezk, et al, Saudi Med J, Feb;29 (2): 218-23, (2008).
79. “Teenagers; A Generation Unplugged: A National Survey by CTIA: The Wireless Association and Harris Interactive,” http://www.ctia.org.
Truth11 Films | The Cost Of WiFi and Cellular Technology
Music: Set to Opeth: Heir Apparent
Truth11 Films 9th film discusses EHS ElectroHyper-Sensitivity and the growing issue of wireless pollution from WiFi and Cellular sources.
Something that affects us all and poses a serious threat to our health and sanity. The film also looks at the role wireless technology plays in our privacy and freedom.
POLICE VIOLENCE, CANCER AND STERILITY – THANKS TO NWO TECHNOLOGY
19th September 2015Current African News, Health, New World Order
Dr. Barrie Trower is a physicist, he has been a microwave weapons researcher for the Royal Navy and British Intelligence and is a pre-eminent expert on microwave technology and the health effects of Wifi and other forms of microwave radiation. Fortunately for us he is also a decent and caring person who now spends his time sharing his wealth of knowledge to warn the general public about this; unlike many governments like those of the USA, Britain, South Africa, Rwanda and Nigeria among others, who are dishing out this technology without issuing any health warnings. In fact these governments are in denial of any of the adverse effects on our physical and mental health.
Rwandan school children in class 1 – part of Kagame`s project to provide all citizens with free Wifi, brain damage and sterility
“The Wifi freguency is a known weapons frequency to cause harm…There is no safe level of microwave irradiation for a child published anywhere in the world. There is no safe level.”Dr Barrie Trower.”According to our governments..from children sitting at school in front of their Wifi sets, where they have exposure…it is anticipated that when these children grow up and have their children..it is anticipated that there will be a minimum of 57.7% miscarriage or stillbirth rate for those children.”
That is called reaching population target or depopulation by induced sterility.
Wifi is a form of microwave radiation which is in the lower band of the electromagnetic spectrum and part of a harmful group of wavelengths. This is because microwaves readily react with water and unlike radiowaves are highly penetrative. The human brain is 73% water, the heart is 73% water,lungs are 83% water, muscles and kidneys are 79% water and even bones are 31% water. Microwaves travel through concrete walls, they therefore enter the human body no problem.
Microwaves interfere with human brain waves.The British military were advised that there is no safe level of microwave radiation.There is no safe level of exposure to microwave radiation for human beings.
Cell phones use microwave technology and should never be held to your head, least of all a child`s. “Frontal and temporal brain tumours in children are now the no1 cause of death in the UK.” Dr. Barrie Trower
Governments should be issuing health warnings. Most people in France now only use head phones.
In 1933 the harmful effects of microwaves were known to science. Russia banned microwave ovens and they were only unbanned after Glasnost and the ensuing trade agreements with the West. Microwave ovens, as recognized by Russian scientists, change the molecular properties of proteins.
The military has used weaponized microwaves for at least a century as this is an old technology known to Ptolemy in 64 BC who recorded his observations of pulsed waves producing effects on people including epilepsy, somnambulistic states and depression. Microwaves can be weaponized in 2 ways. It can be used as broadcast microwaves or microwaves that have a specific pulse frequency. The pulse frequency microwave is used to induce heart attacks in targeted victims and unlike poison leaves no trace.
During the Cold War scientists on both sides were working on the uses of weaponized microwaves to induce disease such as cancer and mental/brain disturbance resulting in depression and suicide.Ther are now over 600 neurological or physiological known harmful effects of weaponized microwave radiation.
TETRA Digital Radio System – WEAPONIZED POLICE
TETRA stands for Terrestrial Trunked Radio. This technology uses microwaves.
In America there is an epidemic of police brutality.
In South Africa police violence and deaths in custody are escalating. The SAPS has a job on its hands in South Africa`s violent and crime driven culture but is there a reason for the change in individual police behaviour ?
Dr. Barrie Trower was commissioned by the Police Federation of England and Wales to write the safety report on the TETRA system. In his report he condemned the TETRA system as the specific pulse frequency used by the system is known to cause neurological damage. According to Dr Trowers the use of the TETRA system in the police, military and Fire Services in Britain is an ongoing experiment that will conclude in 2018. The damage being assessed by this official experiment is to calculate the rise in cancer, brain tumours and neurological degeneration.Dr Trower has yet to find a single police or fire department that uses TETRA and has done for more than 18 months, that has not recorded an increase in violent behaviour, illness, miscarriages, still-births and brain tumours among its employees.
South Africa is integrating TETRA and WiMax technology in police service which will involve 200 base stations and 10 000 terminals spread across the country. At present Cape Town has the largest TETRA network which serves more than 13,500 users including Utility Service officials and Medical Response Units.
TETRA is in use in Namibia, used by the police services. Also in Sudan by police services.In Morocco in use by highway traffic control and in Nigeria by the oil and gas industries, airports and port authorities, government and security companies but not by the police.
Rwanda is not yet using TETRA (as far as known) which is strange given Pres.Kagame`s natural affiliation with all things harmful.
TETRA uses a specific pulse frequency.One of the recognized symptoms of neurological disturbance attributed to this specific pulse frequency is aggression, irrational and uncontrollable aggressive behaviour.
Policeman kicking hand-cuffed woman in the head in the USA
LOCALITY OF TRANSMISSION TOWERS
The following is a list of symptoms recorded by Dr. Trower,experienced by people living near microwave emitting communication towers :
Heart problems, blood diseases, problems with bone marrow, tumours, DNA
problems, altered calcium irons in cells, impairments to the immune system.
46% reduction in night-time melatonin (causing suppression of the immune
system), enhanced arthritis or rheumatic diseases, skin problems, lymphatic
diseases, vaginal discharge, ear problems, leukaemia, childhood cancer, sleep
problems, suicidal tendencies, depression, irritability, memory loss, mental
conditions, neurological illness, miscarriage, and infertility.
Dr.Trower has in his possession a document from the United States issued in 1976 which states :”that countries of the West must deceive the general public, police and military over the full damage that can be caused by microwaves for 2 reasons. The first is to protect industrial output (profit) and the second is to avoid legal complications.”
“Governments have always protected industry at the cost of ordinary civilian lives.”
Royal Navy Microwave Weapons Researcher Barrie Trower Says That WiFi Is Killing Us And Quickly!